“Was it Rib-eye or Chuck?”

The Horse & Sulky Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Some friends suggested we meet here for dinner after reading a few good reviews on yelp and we're always looking for a new place. First impression on driving up; my wife was horrified. This was once an old stagecoach stop and rundown bar before the new owners took over and spruced it up a little. Parking was scarce, tight and unpaved. Very little seating. The menu was short but they run specials just about every night. My wife and I ordered the 22 oz. rib-eye. there was a $5 charge to split it because there is no way either of us could eat 22 oz. of steak. When it came it was honestly the worst looking steak I have ever seen. By the time we got cutting away the fat and grizzle we were down to about 6 oz. each of steak but my 3 dogs were happy to get their share. It was served with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies which tasted good. My friends ordered fried cod and double cut pork chop. I tried some of the Cod but since I never eat fried food it tasted greasy to me. The pork chop looked great and my friend was very pleased with it. We also ordered the trifecta appetizer. Everything was fried but tasty and the dips were very good. Service was excellent. I'm going to give this place one more try on Friday for their prime rib special before the live music starts. I was told it gets packed and they run out of prime rib by 6pm.