“Mixed bag, passing grade”
Review of Splish Splash

Splish Splash
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Calverton
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted one of the Best Water Parks in America by the Travel Channel! Splish Splash, Long Island’s Water Park with its 96 exciting acres of fun, is the perfect choice for your next birthday party, family reunion, and group outing. Our variety of entertainment, excellent water safety staff, delicious food and outstanding service provides all the necessary elements for you to have a truly outstanding day. With attractions like Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel Of Terror, Kahuna Bay, and Pirate’s Cove for children, Splish Splash has something for everyone!
New York, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Mixed bag, passing grade”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My family of 4 did the LIRR one-day getaway package from NYC for $209 including train, shuttle bus to the park, and park admission.

Pros:
- It's a real, good-sized waterpark within public transportation distance of Manhattan (2 hrs each way).
- The park is nicely designed to incorporate trees and other natural landscaping.
- There is a good variety of rides and attractions.
- The park was well maintained. Some reviews here said it was not, but I don't think those people have been to Coney Island or Asbury Park.
- People were relatively well-behaved. I didn't see any line cutting.

Cons:
- The lines. The rides last 30 seconds, so we probably netted 5 minutes of actual water time during a 7-hour visit.
- Not enough women's restrooms.

It was fun. At the end of the day, $300 poorer, we were glad we went. Next time we'll go on a weekday or not at peak season.

1 Thank nyc04

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Splish Splash is great”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

The rides were really good and very different from other water rides all over the country, the food was also good. The only thing that was annoying was the long lines I hated waiting for a ride for 2 1/2 hours. I enjoyed the park and will go back during the week when its deserted(recommended). It was like any other water park but the workers did have a stank attitude though but its expected its New York .

2 Thank brianunderwood
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AWESOME TIME!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Splish Splash is an amazing water park! There are great rides and people of all ages will enjoy it. There are only a few problems. #1. There aren't enough bathrooms. You have to walk a while to find one. #2. The food is very pricey and it's not worth the money they make you pay. I say just pack a picnic. Yes,to get into the park It's a little pricy but its worth the money. A lot of people comment about how filthy the park is. If you're that concerned about it wear shoes. I haven't noticed anything floating around in the wave pool like people have said. Yes,the lines are a little long but thats because its a very popular park. If you can't stand lines then don't go to any amusement park or water park. I went on Wednesday 7/8/09 and went on a very popular ride and it wasn't a very long line. I recommend this park to any one that likes to have a great time!

1 Thank soccerchick98
New York City Subarbs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Such a fun waterpark! Went on a weekend, and was NOT that crowded at all!”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I went on 7/12/09, which was a Sunday, on a nice warm sunny summer day... and the park was not over crowded at all. Yes there was a tiny line, with only about ten people on it, to get into the Wave pool area. Only 500 people are allowed in the area at once, and at the time it was at 500. But the line went by very fast! Also, I think it was a good idea to make people wait if it gets too crowded, because if too many people are in the wave pool at one time it is unenjoyable! So i understand why they make you wait.

But besides the tiny wait at the wave pool, the park I did not think was over crowded at all, and this was on a Sunday! There were no lines in the women's bathroom or changing area, and the lines for the rides were very short. Those rides that DID have a line, it went by very fast in most cases. You can't go to a waterpark and not expect some sort of wait, anyway. I would not complain at all about the waits in this park!

And the rides were VERY good! There were so many different types of water rides to try! A few of the rides in a very brief summary are:
* Body slides (including the very big one that everyone talks about, and then also including the slower, more relaxing ones!)
* Body slides in the dark (that are small but pretty fast and fun for those who like fast body slides)
* A family tube ride that is entirely in the dark( Hollywood Stunt Rider) - this ride has such a short line, only about 10 minutes! I was shocked.
* A new tube ride for 09 that also is in the dark
* A "toilet bowl" type ride that shoots you down a slide and then into a "toilet bowl"... if you need a better idea, look online for pictures!
* a lazy river with an organized line so it wasnt chaos like it is in some parks
* a fun wave pool, the waves went normally and also then went side to side! Ive never seen that before.

There are so many more rides I didnt name and also a kiddie area which I did not go to but I think that it is worth coming to at least to try! Me and my boyfriend had so much fun and would definetly recommend it to everyone out there!

3 Thank Glamgirl4387
Huntington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much fun! I must see!”
Reviewed June 28, 2009

i have no idea what everybody is talking about! i went last thursday with a bunch of people and we all had a blast! there was no line cuttings, i saw security every where! and when i lost my cellphone! and my friends camera we noted the lost and found and they found it in easily a half hour! the lines may be long but they go by fast, and the rides are very much worth the 15 minute TOPS line wait! the people who work there are all very nice! and they serve you lots of different food! they clean the place often! and make sure that there are plenty of staff around to help!
maaybe it was just the day i went, but i know when i went with a group of people we had so much fun and im going back tomorrow with even more people!

1 Thank speedyturtle876