My family of 4 did the LIRR one-day getaway package from NYC for $209 including train, shuttle bus to the park, and park admission.
- It's a real, good-sized waterpark within public transportation distance of Manhattan (2 hrs each way).
- The park is nicely designed to incorporate trees and other natural landscaping.
- There is a good variety of rides and attractions.
- The park was well maintained. Some reviews here said it was not, but I don't think those people have been to Coney Island or Asbury Park.
- People were relatively well-behaved. I didn't see any line cutting.
- The lines. The rides last 30 seconds, so we probably netted 5 minutes of actual water time during a 7-hour visit.
- Not enough women's restrooms.
It was fun. At the end of the day, $300 poorer, we were glad we went. Next time we'll go on a weekday or not at peak season.