“Better than Six Flags Hurricane Harbor”
Review of Splish Splash

Splish Splash
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Calverton
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted one of the Best Water Parks in America by the Travel Channel! Splish Splash, Long Island’s Water Park with its 96 exciting acres of fun, is the perfect choice for your next birthday party, family reunion, and group outing. Our variety of entertainment, excellent water safety staff, delicious food and outstanding service provides all the necessary elements for you to have a truly outstanding day. With attractions like Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel Of Terror, Kahuna Bay, and Pirate’s Cove for children, Splish Splash has something for everyone!
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I love Splish Splash, especially when I compare it to my recent adventures at Hurricane Harbor. Better prices, shorter lines, fewer crowds... Can't wait for summer again, so I can head back!

2  Thank Deborah W
SplishSplashWP, Director of Sales at Splish Splash, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Deborah, So glad you had a wonderful time, we are also looking forward to summer 2014!

There are newer reviews for Splish Splash

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We come every summer. This summer we got the h2o pass. Worth it. And rode cliff hanger. We came at end of season so Also got season pass of next year

Reviewed September 5, 2013

After reading some negative reviews online about the crowds at splish splash, I have to admit, I was somewhat doubtful about this trip. My original thought was since I live in NY and my daughter was off from school this could be a nice daytrip. We went on a Monday and the drive out East was excellent, no traffic at all. The parking was easy, the food was typical "attraction" style food- pizza, chicken nuggets, fries and some healthy options as well. The food court was clean and roomy.
the park itself was very clean and spacious. The kiddie area was lots of fun with water slides and swings (the water was very cold). The lifeguards were alert and seem attentive to the area.
The lazy river was beautiful. There is a stroller rental fee but well worth it, for storage at least, unless you choose to get lockers. There are many snack stations. The gift shop is also very nice. And finally the bathrooms were clean.
So overall, a beautiful drive out East, not crowded, very clean & lots of fun for everyone in the family.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love Splish Splash Big park Great rides. This park is one of my favorite apart from the Disney's Blizzard and Typhoon. We went on August 2013. First of all If you are the type that likes to go on all the rides go with the H2GO Premium (expensive but worth it) .The lines are extremely long and with the H2GO pass you only wait about 20-10 minutes for each ride. Try to do the newest rides example: Bootleggers Run (46 minutes wait with Premium H2GO) so the actual waiting time would be 2 hours.(who is going to wait 2 hours on a line???) I recommend to relax in the pools get a tan and wait for your time to be up.The park is clean and people are friendly. Go eat at Johnny Rockets ( lines are smaller after 2-3 pm), the strawberry shakes are so good and its very american, classic hamburgers and fries. Overall I give this park 5 stars because we went on every ride on the park and did not wait in line, perfect summer day.

2  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to Splish Splash Water Park in Riverhead/Calverton, NY on numerous occasions over the years. It is easy to drive to, since it is right off the Long Island Expressway. I have found the season pass to be very reasonably priced and it pays itself off after just a few trips. Now that my children are older, I have felt comfortable dropping them off and letting them walk around by themselves (in a group). Tasty food choices and plenty of rides surely makes this a diamond for us here in Suffolk County. I highly recommend it!!