“H2GO Premium is a must in this park!!!”
Review of Splish Splash

Splish Splash
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Calverton
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted one of the Best Water Parks in America by the Travel Channel! Splish Splash, Long Island’s Water Park with its 96 exciting acres of fun, is the perfect choice for your next birthday party, family reunion, and group outing. Our variety of entertainment, excellent water safety staff, delicious food and outstanding service provides all the necessary elements for you to have a truly outstanding day. With attractions like Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel Of Terror, Kahuna Bay, and Pirate’s Cove for children, Splish Splash has something for everyone!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love Splish Splash Big park Great rides. This park is one of my favorite apart from the Disney's Blizzard and Typhoon. We went on August 2013. First of all If you are the type that likes to go on all the rides go with the H2GO Premium (expensive but worth it) .The lines are extremely long and with the H2GO pass you only wait about 20-10 minutes for each ride. Try to do the newest rides example: Bootleggers Run (46 minutes wait with Premium H2GO) so the actual waiting time would be 2 hours.(who is going to wait 2 hours on a line???) I recommend to relax in the pools get a tan and wait for your time to be up.The park is clean and people are friendly. Go eat at Johnny Rockets ( lines are smaller after 2-3 pm), the strawberry shakes are so good and its very american, classic hamburgers and fries. Overall I give this park 5 stars because we went on every ride on the park and did not wait in line, perfect summer day.

2  Thank Jessica P

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to Splish Splash Water Park in Riverhead/Calverton, NY on numerous occasions over the years. It is easy to drive to, since it is right off the Long Island Expressway. I have found the season pass to be very reasonably priced and it pays itself off after just a few trips. Now that my children are older, I have felt comfortable dropping them off and letting them walk around by themselves (in a group). Tasty food choices and plenty of rides surely makes this a diamond for us here in Suffolk County. I highly recommend it!!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Overall cost is not too bad, but add in the parking fee, cost of food, water, H2GO, lockers, etc it can get pricey. Look for ways to minimize cost, coupons, bring your own food and you can keep the cost down. The park has a lot rides for all ages, heights, wieghts and adventure levels. Park does get crowded and I havent been able to figure out the rhyme or reason behind it.

Line cutting seems to be a serious problem with the staff doing nothing to stop it. Three times during a recent visit I stopped line cutters, twice in the presence of staff who didnt stop it in the first place and did nothing when they witnessed me and fellow line waiters call out the line cutters.

Lockers are convenient but add to the overall cost.

Great money saving tip is if you plan on visiting more than once in a season go for the Season Pass, you will cover your cost by the second visit and it gives you the option to run over for a partial day without having to pay for a full day. My wife and duaghter did this and actually made several afternoon trips on days that started out overcast, but turned out nice. The crowds on those days were non-existent.

If you are worried about expense plan out what you want before hand, pack a lunch and enjoy the day.

2  Thank Hellfighter
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went to Splish SPlash and had a great Time. My Daughter is 7 years old and there were plenty of rides for her to go on. The park was crowded and we had fun but the lines took for ever. I like the park and it hdoes have great attractions but on the day we went the park was at capacity and there is nothing worse than waiting online an hour for a one minute thirty second ride. All in all it was a good day and I like the fact that we could picnic in the parking lot. There were tables and places to picnic but we laid a blanket down under a shade tree and just enjoyed the day. I'd recommend Splish Splash, but go early in the season, right when they open . The lines may be shorter.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

First off the $14 parking fee you have to pay us way too much for this already expensive water park. Staff members do seem apathetic there are about 6 things for children 5 and under to really do. All the other rides are too scary or dangerous. Bathrooms are so so in terms of cleanliness. Admission for toddlers is too much $29.99 considering there are only a handful of things for them to go on. Park is definitely better for older kids and adults. Won't be rushing back.