“Delight to kids”
Review of Splish Splash

Splish Splash
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Calverton
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted one of the Best Water Parks in America by the Travel Channel! Splish Splash, Long Island’s Water Park with its 96 exciting acres of fun, is the perfect choice for your next birthday party, family reunion, and group outing. Our variety of entertainment, excellent water safety staff, delicious food and outstanding service provides all the necessary elements for you to have a truly outstanding day. With attractions like Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel Of Terror, Kahuna Bay, and Pirate’s Cove for children, Splish Splash has something for everyone!
Lagos
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Delight to kids”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Took my family on a visit to the splash splash during our vacation and the kids didn't want to leave again.

Babylon, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Bootlegger's Run is not worth the wait... Unless you buy the H2Go Pass!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I went to Splish Splash on a Wednesday, in the middle of July. Even though it was a weekday, the park was packed with day camps and families.

I recommend buying your tickets online, on their website. You get to skip long lines AND save a few dollars. You can also buy a meal package online, which was great. By buying everything in advance, you don't have to carry any money/credit cards on you. At the park, they will require a piece of I.D. if you bought your tickets online.

We didn't want to get the H2Go pass but quickly changed our minds when we saw the long line ups everywhere. It's a easy-enough system to use and with it, you will be able to reserve your spot online (only 1 slide at a time though!). For example, we reserved Bootlegger's Run and the wait time was 90 minutes. Instead of waiting in the actual line, we were able to go on at least 3 or 4 slides AND have lunch!

Bootlegger's Run is their latest water slide / water coaster! The lines are long and the ride is short. If you don't have the H2Go pass, I would recommend to not wait in line. It's not worth it. OR, I would recommend splitting up your group and riding as "singles". You might not be with your friends, but it could cut down the waiting time from 2 hours to 10 minutes! The ride itself is not that long, so I think you will survive without your friends.

My only disappointment were the wave pools. I have been in similar parks where the wave pools produced big waves. The "waves" at the 2 different pools were pretty small and the pools were overcrowded. We didn't enjoy that.

Additional costs to expect: parking ($14), locker rental ($8 + $5 deposit for the key that they will return once you return the key), food & beverages (plenty of food options for all budgets! Lots of seating areas in the shade or the sun!), H2Go Pass ($25 for regular, $45 for premium + $10 deposit for the wrist band itself).

All and all, it was a great day. I wouldn't go every year but will eventually go back and will keep recommending to friends and family.

2 Thank DMD2009
NY
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is spotless, fun, safe and a all day fun. Lots of rides with hardly any wait. A lovely crowd on the weekdays. Staff helpful and always nice. I think the best water park ever and to think it's just a seasonal park, but they make it great!

Merrick, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Splish Splash is a decent place but very crowded”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to Splish Splash with my wife and kids to spend my son's birthday. The park has something for everybody but does get very crowded during the day. We got to the park at 9:45 (right before they opened) and got great parking. Once we entered the park and got our cabana (I'll talk about that later), we rode the good rides first and did other things later during the day.

I found parts of the park to be clean and the bathrooms to be kind of disgusting. There are only 2 bathrooms for the whole park. My biggest complaint for the day was the wave pool. There were too many people and by 3:00 in the afternoon, the pool had a cloudy look to it. I think the park should limit the amount of people in the pool and also enforce a dress policy. Someone complained that people were in the pool with street clothes...I did see it. My last complaint were some of the people were a bit unruly but it's an amusement park and would expect to see it there.

We did rent a premium cabana in Cabanaville. If you have kids, it's real nice to relax in your own place where you can get waitress service rather than wait in long lines for food. I found the food to be pretty good for an amusement park. What I would have liked to have seen is a changing area and private bathroom for the cabanas.

Next time we go, we will get a cabana but might opt to pay the extra money for the H2GO pass so we don't have to wait in line for an hour or more for the good rides.

3 Thank sbernstei
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“FunPlace...Much to Do!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We go annually to this location being locals. It is a fun place to go with kids, that is near home without driving far to have a good time!