“Best waterpark ever!”
Review of Splish Splash

Splish Splash
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Calverton
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted one of the Best Water Parks in America by the Travel Channel! Splish Splash, Long Island’s Water Park with its 96 exciting acres of fun, is the perfect choice for your next birthday party, family reunion, and group outing. Our variety of entertainment, excellent water safety staff, delicious food and outstanding service provides all the necessary elements for you to have a truly outstanding day. With attractions like Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel Of Terror, Kahuna Bay, and Pirate’s Cove for children, Splish Splash has something for everyone!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best waterpark ever!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I saw alot of review some were negative and some were positive.
But when I went I gotta say it was very nice the first line I went on was dinosaur falls not a long wait at all the ride didn't take so long I went and they went by quick. It has a very nice store where you can get souvenirs the food was good I think it was the best it was so much fun. most people who get injuries are because they are not holding on to the handle bars or do what the workers who run the ride tell them to as long as you do what they say you can have fun and stay safe!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Tripluver123

Bronx, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Alright time”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went to Splish Splash today for the first time. We got there about 10 or so in the morning. It appears the earlier you get there, the closer you can park to the entrance thereby eradicating the need to take the tram to the entrance. Parking was 12 dollars. I think you have to pay for parking in cash. I didn't use the lockers which would have been 8 plus 5 dollar deposit. I just walked around with a beach bag. Unfortunately, the weather was a bit cool today with light drizzle. I went with my one year old grand daughter. The kiddie cove was small but enough to evoke lots of "oohs" from her. The park itself is not huge like Great Adventures but enough attractions to give you your money's worth. Be sure to get a map of the park upon entering. Lots of seating. Everyone was polite and congenial. We ate at Johnny's Rocket. Food was okay but expensive. One hamburger, fries and shake cost me about 16 bucks. Highway robbery. Overall okay time. Might do it again if I am in the mood for long drive. Way out on the island.

1 Thank dfran123
Massapequa, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wait, wait, and wait some more”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Being a LI resident I have been to this park a few times and they have done a good job of adding attractions over the years and the park it self would get 4 or 5 stars. My recent experience was not very good though. First off Parking is $12. So we get on line to get tickets and there was absolutely no organization to these lines there were people everywhere. It took at least 40 minutes just to get tickets. Then we went to get a small locker which was $13 but, you get $5 back at the end of the day when you return the key. Since I have a 3 year old we went to the kiddie areas which were good and they have a few separate areas for the young kids which was nice. We noticed the bigger slides had very long lines. We went to buy food for lunch and I would say I waited on line for a good 20-25 minutes to food. Overall there was not much we can do there with a 3 year old. They have a big sign that says no outside food or drinks but, you can probably get in with a couple of drinks and snacks..

1 Thank cmitch525
Flushing, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“MEH”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is my third time at the park. I am a mom of 3; ages 14, 7, 6. My husband and I decided to rent the cabana in Cabanaville. I REGRET IT!! It is not monitored at all. No one knew where the cabana was located (after asking 4 people). When we got to the cabana no one helped us to the locate the number or informed us all the options available. Not to mention the fact that after paying 150, nothing is "complimentary." When you go to Sesame place granted you pay a little more but you get complimentary drinks, unlimited use of the lazy river...etc. Here they forget to inform you that each bottle of soda is $3.57. We ordered food, the waitor messed up the order and then also really try to serve a basket of BURNT fried chicken. Food was disgusting! I watched how anyone can walk into the private area. I also watched another family from another cabana just waltz on someone else's cabana and steal stuff off the table. NO ONE said anything to them!! We waited over an hour to ride one ride which granted was the new one....but then get stuck on top, had to carry my 6yr old down. If it wasn't for the fact that I asked to worker about getting back on, they were perfectly happy for us to leave after wasting all that time on a ride that still has kinks. I refused to cave in and leave, so my family and I waited another 20 mins. to finally ride it. Very crowded and poorly setup. If you are going to run a park that is popular then someone really needs to setup a better system where everyone is happy.

4 Thank Gina D
SplishSplashWP, Director of Sales at Splish Splash, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback as we are always trying to improve our guest experience. I apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. Renting a cabana should have been one of those positive guest experiences. We typically receive rave reviews on our Fried Chicken as it is one of our most popular items. It is in fact our goal to make sure all of our guests have a great time. I hope you give us that opportunity again.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“VERY poor first aide”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I went on July 4th and our second ride was the Alien Invasion. Mid ride I wound up cracking my head on the slide. When our tube shot out of the ride I told them I got hurt and was crying. They told me to sit down. After a few minutes a staff member came over. I explained what happened. She asked if I wanted to go to first aide. Ummmm YES. She asked if I knew where it was. I said no. She said she would walk a little with me then direct me. As I got up my vision went blurry and I tOld her I couldn't walk there. About 5 minutes later 2 other people came over and i had to explain it to them. It took another 5 minutes for a wheelchair to get there. When I got to first aide, the girl was very sweet but was NOT equipped to do what needed to be done. She took my blood pressure, pulse, checked my eyes and gave me ice. Not once did she look at my head or feel for a bump. I left and went to the ER and have a concussion. Before leaving i asked if the park had a lot of injuries. She said most of the ones they have come from THIS ride which is contrary to what the manager states in the following article. http://riverheadlocal.com/breaking-news/man-hospitalized-after-raft-flips-on-tornado-ride-at-splish-splash
Thank God I didn't start seizing or wasn't bleeding.

2 Thank kk2978
SplishSplashWP, Director of Sales at Splish Splash, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
It is our goal to make sure our guests have a safe and enjoyable day. I apologize that your experience with our First Aid staff was less than perfect. All of our First Aid personnel are trained Emergency Medical Technicians, some of which are Paramedics.