“VERY poor first aide”
Review of Splish Splash

Splish Splash
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Calverton
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted one of the Best Water Parks in America by the Travel Channel! Splish Splash, Long Island’s Water Park with its 96 exciting acres of fun, is the perfect choice for your next birthday party, family reunion, and group outing. Our variety of entertainment, excellent water safety staff, delicious food and outstanding service provides all the necessary elements for you to have a truly outstanding day. With attractions like Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel Of Terror, Kahuna Bay, and Pirate’s Cove for children, Splish Splash has something for everyone!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“VERY poor first aide”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I went on July 4th and our second ride was the Alien Invasion. Mid ride I wound up cracking my head on the slide. When our tube shot out of the ride I told them I got hurt and was crying. They told me to sit down. After a few minutes a staff member came over. I explained what happened. She asked if I wanted to go to first aide. Ummmm YES. She asked if I knew where it was. I said no. She said she would walk a little with me then direct me. As I got up my vision went blurry and I tOld her I couldn't walk there. About 5 minutes later 2 other people came over and i had to explain it to them. It took another 5 minutes for a wheelchair to get there. When I got to first aide, the girl was very sweet but was NOT equipped to do what needed to be done. She took my blood pressure, pulse, checked my eyes and gave me ice. Not once did she look at my head or feel for a bump. I left and went to the ER and have a concussion. Before leaving i asked if the park had a lot of injuries. She said most of the ones they have come from THIS ride which is contrary to what the manager states in the following article. http://riverheadlocal.com/breaking-news/man-hospitalized-after-raft-flips-on-tornado-ride-at-splish-splash
Thank God I didn't start seizing or wasn't bleeding.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank kk2978
SplishSplashWP, Director of Sales at Splish Splash, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
It is our goal to make sure our guests have a safe and enjoyable day. I apologize that your experience with our First Aid staff was less than perfect. All of our First Aid personnel are trained Emergency Medical Technicians, some of which are Paramedics.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not worth the season pass price”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Watch out season pass holders they scam you the kids running the park don't give your discounts for parking, h2go pass, giftshop even when you have your season pass out in front of them. I love the park and its is a good time but not worth the 80$ pass that u don't even receive the benefits from. I will never purchase one again. Only one free pass thats good for a few days befor it expires. And there is no complaint department kids at guest relations no adults. I lost a locker key on the shotgun fall in the pool they kept my 5$ rental deposit n charged me 5$ to open it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LSilv24
SplishSplashWP, Director of Sales at Splish Splash, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We are sorry you had an off day here at the park but I wanted to let you know that you needed to purchase the discount parking tickets in advance to present to the toll booth when you arrive that day or you could purchase the season parking pass for $54.99 and that entitles you parking for the entire season. The gift shop gives all season pass holders 10% off their purchases, you simply need to show your season pass card at time off purchase. You are also entitled to $5.00 off the H2Go bracelets and there are offers at the Kodak Booth and European Boday Art. Lastly ,unfortunately there is a lost key fee charged when the locker key is not returned. The 4th of July was a very busy day here and I'm sorry you felt you weren't given the attention needed, please come back on a less crowded day and experience the park at its best.
Wilmington, DE
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Good experience for us”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I read a lot of the reviews before submitting mine. Both the positive and the negative. Fortunately my experience was relatively a good one but I can see how a few bumps can ruin what could be a nice stay at a cool water park. Now, I’ve been to several water parks ranging from Myrtle Beach all the way through Wildwood NJ. I am not going to complain about the prices and use that as a negative because for the area it’s no more or no less than other water parks. But if I am paying a lot for everything than I expect more as well. I’ve never eaten gourmet food at other water parks either so I don’t expect a gourmet burger or fresh mozzarella on my pizza. I’m a bit of an optimist and like to give credit where credit is due but don’t negative reviews because the park was too hot! That’s dumb. So here is my take. Now my experience may be a bit different because we reserved a Cabana which I will explain a bit more. My wife, two boys ages 14 and 8 and myself (I’m 42). My wife had just had a minor surgery which made her not able to do any of the water rides because of a few stitches she had. We brought a dr’s note just in case but the park did NOT charge us for her since she was unable to do any of the rides. She basically sat in the Cabana all day relaxing. No issues there.
The Park opens at 10 and we arrived at 10:30 on a Wednesday so the traffic was a bit light coming into the park. We still had to park quite a bit away and for $12 seemed a bit steep. For $20 you can get premium parking which is closer to the entrance. May be worth it if you have to go back to your car to eat or have a lot of young children. What you would spend in the extra parking you would save eating your own food you pack. If you can buy your tickets online ahead of time so that’ll save a line right there and save you some time. No food or drink allowed in the park although we had a few water bottles in a bag which they didn’t say anything about. If you reserved a Cabana or want to reserve one there is a special line just for that. Didn’t realize until we had gone through. Since I had everything prepaid and reserved we were assigned our cabana and headed right there. Ours was the mid-priced cabana for $150. Yes, it was expensive and if you asked me if I would do it again I would say yes. Only because my situation was a bit different since my wife couldn’t ride anything. The cabana wasn’t too bad. Two lounge chairs in a sandy area, 4 chairs and a table to eat at under the cabana, refrigerator, and your own locker. The frig was already stocked with soda, water and tea that you have to pay for and was the same price as the park. The cabana itself was a bit rustic and could have used a little sweeping of cob webs and some weed pulling. The best part about this cabana is your own waiter/service. Our attendant was Ryan who was very polite, courteous and explained everything well. The only thing I would complain about is the time it takes to get something so order your food ahead of time. If you want your food at noon, tell them 11 or 1130. You also have to pay each time you order something. Can’t run a tab. But they do take cash, credit/debit cards. The drinks you take will be tallied up at the end and you’ll pay for them before you leave. Another thing I didn’t like was the location of the cabana. It is more secluded but that means to get there you have to walk quite a ways down a path through the food court to get back to the rides. Plus there was no shortcut to the big wave pool which is right in front of you. We still had to walk all the way around the park to get to it. The biggest thing you’re paying for is the convenience of the cabana. It’s a bit safer and the locker is already there so no need to pay for another locker. The locker isn’t too big though maybe the size of a large microwave. It can hold a smaller laptop which my wife brought. Having your own waiter service saved us time having to wait in several lines. You order from a menu and can get hamburgers, pizza, fried stuff, funnel cake pop corn and ice cream etc. If we wanted all that stuff we would have had to wait in several lines to get all of that. This service makes getting your food very easy.
Plan on doing a lot of walking. I would have taken aqua socks or cheap flip flops with me had I realized all the walking and the pavement is not very forgiving on your feet. Very rough surfaces throughout the park. Not all smooth concrete. I noticed people wearing them and didn’t see any rides where they weren’t allowed. There are cubby holes almost at every ride so you could leave them in there.
Now the rides. We purchased the H2Go pass along with our tix. This works very similar to the Fast Pass at Disney. I’ll try to explain a little if you are not familiar with how it works. I suggest watching the video on their website too. Basically, you find a ride you want to go on. There are ten or so rides to pick from. Go to the H2Go kiosk, find a ride, scan your wrist band and go to the ride when the time expires. You can go to the ride anytime after it counts down to zero so there’s no rush to get there when the time runs out. In theory, the system works, however, some of the rides didn’t really pay off. It adds an extra $30 to each ticket but you get $10 back when you return the band. It worked really well on the new Bootleggers run, Alien Invasion and the Dragon’s den. Some of the other rides you bypass only the walk though chain area but merge into the regular line and have to go all the way up the steps with them. So unless the feeder pattern line is full; those rides don’t really utilize the pass very well. Since the family and I only go to water parks about once a year I would pay the upgrade again. It did save us a good 30 min here and 30 min there so it adds up to more time doing rides. We pretty much hit all the big rides at least once. The Alien ride we did like 4 times and my son really liked the cliff diver and did that like 5-6 times. The rides are pretty typical of other water parks. Some you use the tube, multi-person raft or just solo. Didn’t see any rides that used the mats. My kids and I liked pretty much every ride we did. A couple rides weren’t worth the 30 min wait because they were over so quick and not much thrill.
Now here is what I did not like about the park. The signage around the park is poor and hard to understand where everything is. The layout is a bit confusing and took almost the whole day to get the hang of where everything is. There are not many signs or maps and you have to walk for a while to find one. It would really help for them to add more signs and maps. There are not many H2Go kiosks either. Maybe they will add more if it catches on. They need to mark the H2go line better on some rides. The new Bootleggers run ride has the H2Go line and the regular line in the same area and it’s hard to find where to go when the line is really long. Although the employees that work there were all very polite and nice, some speak little English. Not a big deal but you may have to ask a few people before getting the answer you need. Many of the food concessions closed at around 4. Thought that was odd being so close to dinner. Didn’t matter to us since we had the cabana and we could order food up until 5. The weather was nice the day we went so the water wasn’t super cold and all the rides were open. The park closes at 7PM as well. We opened and closed the park from about 10-7 and it seemed like we rushed through everything and spent a lot of time in line and we had the H2Go passes. I would have been mad if I only had the chance to hit a few rides in 8 hours. And the park didn’t seem that crowded being a Wednesday. One more thing is that I did witness a few line cutters especially on rides where people get their own tubes like the lazy river. Kids were just running up and grabbing a tube and jumping in the river. Not enough attendants to watch such a big area.
Overall our time there was fun and no major issues. Email me if you have any questions.

Visited June 2013
10 Thank Enterprise_J
Riverhead, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“DON'T GO ON THE WEEKEND!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have visited splish splash on many occasions, and have had totally different experiences. The bottom line is: Dont go on a really hot day or on the weekend!

Splish splash can be a very enjoyable park if you go on the right day. Once i went on a rainy weekday, and the park was almost empty! There were no lines, and we were able to go on every ride more than once. The park was clean, and we had a wonderful time.

If you go on a hot day during a weekend, expect huge crowds, long lines, and rude people constantly pushing and cutting lines.

Splish Splash is a great place to visit if you go on the right day!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank John852_13
mt sinai
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“tons of FUN”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

had a great time with my son and his pop pop - so shows fun for all ages . The newer WAVE pool kahuna was awesome , and the place was relatively clean with a lot of seats available . Bought a season pass on the way out

Visited August 2012