Arrived for a girls weekend on the tail end of a major snow storm that hit the area. Check in service was very prompt, front desk staff was attentive especially the young man who took all our bags to the room.
The on site shops were all closed on Friday. All except one shop opened on Saturday, but not until late morning/early afternoon. Maybe this was because of the storm, and staff were not able to make it in. Overall, staffing did seem a bit short, but this most likely was due to the storm.
The room was a standard double room and the bathroom was quite large with a nice double sink vanity. The room was clean, but a bit dated and the mattresses were way too soft (they should probably be replaced). Housekeeping did a nice job tidying up our room and provided us with an ample supply of bath towels and wash clothes.
The pool and spa area was nice, plenty of lounge chairs and towels. Attendants were present each time we used the facilities. The sauna (located upstairs from pool area) took a while to heat up and never really got that warm.
The game room definitely needs some TLC and it was a little dirty. A lot of the equipment needs to be replaced (torn covers on the pool table, shuffle board poles bent, ping pong table worn, etc.). Also, staff was pretty much non existent.
Entertainment on Friday night was a comedian, we enjoyed the show. There was a singer on Saturday night (nice voice), but we just weren't into it and only stayed for a few songs.
The best part of the weekend was the food and the wait staff. Breakfast was great, you could pretty much get whatever you wanted, pancakes, waffles, omelets, cereal, fresh fruit, etc. and they had this wonderful coffee cake on the table. Dinner was wonderful, plenty of food (you will not leave hungry) and not one complaint in our group. Desserts were good, just not on the same level as dinner. The dining room service was outstanding. The maitre d Gerardo, and our waiters Jose and Angel were all wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. Their service was exemplary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center is proud to announce that we have just received the Fodor’s Choice 2010 Award. The Awards are given to the "best of the best," in hotel/resort destinations providing remarkable experiences in price range, destination, or category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Roma Hotel Callicoon
- Hotel Roma
- Villa Roma Resort And Conference Center Callicoon, NY - Catskill Region