1,173 results
All reviews the main dining room meal plan all ages time share horseback riding go karts indoor pool the wait staff ice skating golf course the main hotel nightly entertainment villa roma resort ping pong bumper boats snow tubing family vacation
Reviewed June 27, 2016

My family and I stayed in Building 3 in the first week of June 2016. I will say that we liked this hotel and had a good time. However, we would not return due to a lack of updated and clean rooms. The hotel had plenty to do and we spent plenty of time at the pool. The hotel had plenty of activities to do all day long and most of the common areas of the hotel were clean and well maintained. If you don't care about the room, you'll enjoy this place. Or maybe request an area of the hotel not in Building 3. Other guests in other buildings said that they did not have the issues we encountered.

Our first impression of the hotel was unfortunately bad, due to the sad state of the room assigned to us. The room looked beat up and housekeeping was very poor. Here is a list of problems we had with our room. We reported all of them to the front desk, who was very apologetic.

-We found garbage on the floor, including a water bottle in plain sight by the couch. (See Pic)
-There was a fairly large section of carpet that was burned (See Pic)
-There was a sign asking us not to smoke, which was torn up and put back up (See Pic)
-Lamp was broken and would not stand upright (See Pic)
-TV Remote Control was sticky.
-Kitchen was PINK formica all around. This kitchen hasn't seen an updating since the 70s. (See Pic)
-Kitchen was not cleaned. We found prior guest's food in the cabinets (open bag of Chips) and the sink had not been wiped down.
-Toilet had not been scrubbed in a while and had a black mildew line in the bowl (See Pic)
-Furniture on the deck had seen their better days. One chair was cracked and the table looked like it survived a decade of winters.
-The A/C unit looked 30 years old and had a slight smell when utilized. (See Pic)
-The lobby to the building looked worn out. The windows were not cleaned in a long time. The entrance canopy had algae growing on it. There were tears in the carpeting and wallpaper.
-None of the surfaces had been wiped down, as they all contained finger prints or water stains from a cup/glass.

Furthermore, we had a continuous problem with the maid entering unannounced. On three occasions during the week, the maid opened the door without knocking. We complained about this to the front desk, but it continued to happen. On our last day at 9:30AM, she came in unannounced and then told us that we had to get out by 10AM (Check Out time), which we already knew about. She was friendly the whole time otherwise, but our privacy was compromised by the lack of knocking before entering the room.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank BobAdams111
Reviewed June 25, 2016

We stayed at a timeshare on the resort grounds for a week. The grounds are very well-kept and people were working around the resort continuously. I had read some bad reviews about the rooms and was worried about what we would find. We were very pleasantly surprised. The furniture may be dated, but the rooms are very spacious and clean. The living and bedroom is equipped with an updated TV and there is complimentary wi-fi. The kitchen is very well equipped and I had no problem cooking full meals.

We didn't take advantage of the activities, but did walk around the grounds and everything seemed to be well maintained. The children we observed appeared to be having a lot of fun.

You need to be aware that the resort is located in the middle of no where and while it is a great place for rest and relaxation, there is not a lot to do off the grounds. We brought our motorcycle and enjoyed just riding it around.

One glitch: We arrived after the timeshare check-in office was closed. There was no indication on the door or on voice mail that we needed to go to the hotel to check in. We didn't realize there was a hotel and thought we would have to spend the night in the car. A note on the door and an added message on the voice mail would have taken care of that anxiety.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay here and I would recommend it highly.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2016

This is a review of the service only. I stayed here for three days last week while attending a student leadership conference held by my university. We were supposed to take a coach bus back on the last day, but the bus broke down on its way to the resort to pick us up. Everyone was worried about not being able to go home. I was especially worried because I had a seminar to attend early the next day and was scared I would miss it. Adam (who I think is the director or manager) handled this situation quite well even though he didn't have to help. He let us stay in the conference room until the end of the night, gave us food to eat, and he found a local company for us that was willing to drive the 48 of us home. Thank you Adam.

The service from the rest of the staff was excellent too. They were friendly, mindful, funny, and I felt comfortable around them. One of the servers in the dining hall was quite observant and noticed I had a tendency to order fish and it got to the point where he knew I would order the salmon before saying it. I had a fun time here.

1  Thank Annie Y
Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

Dropping my daughter off at coaching job at starlight camp and chose villa Roma not many hotels mostly inns and motels cabins ect wanted to stay somewhere with amenities and not secluded being alone first impression nice kids /valets very personable and pleasant then to front desk Russian girl who checked me in was sassy and miserable not a great first impression then to the room place reminded me of old Italian 50s very ornate but super clean and kept extremely well considering its age on to the room large and roomy clean but still Old in days the door made me feel unsafe large space at bottom no chain very flimsy after A short rest ventured around just beautiful pool area I believe had 7 unique pools extremely large hot tub raw bar area and restaurant very impressive inside arcade area also nice pool area bowling bachi this place great for families time for dinner paced old time I've cream shop cafe cafeteria type restaurant but heading to 3rd floor dining food awesome included with my stay Edson and William? Waitors very nice to me super attentive since I was sitting alone my drink waitress Emily horrible had 2 drinks but waited along time would have enjoyed more but never saw her asked the waitirs to find her a few times couple seated next to me same problem never could find her for more drinks then bill!!since meal free I only had drink bill wanted to leave waitirs a tip she brought me 2 different bills the whole situation was chaotic and I had no record of charge went to desk because didn't want to wait another hour to find her oh no the Russian rude again sent me back to dining room to find her went to hostess who sat me asked for copy of my bill chaos ensued finally the girl drink waitress came with a copy I went to my room planned on going to lounge for a drink before bed but all that drama left me exhausted after a great nights sleep bed and bedding wonderful I got up at 6 planned on hitting the road at 7 quick shower and breakfast no hot water and I needed a shower after my 6 hour drive the day before ran 1/2 no hot water so I took an ice shower not happy packed up headed to main lobby no coffee or breakfast till 8 not even a pot in lobby asked girl at desk where I could get coffee locally thank god a different girl nowhere to get coffee under a half hour drive loaded up the car and left if offered coffee u would have hung around and relaxed but no coffee no need

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2016

Attended the "Fabulous 50's Weekend" held at Villa Roma Resort and very much enjoyed our stay. The Villa Roma staff makes you feel at home and there is always someone to answer question or provide you with whatever it may be your looking for. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Maid service was wonderful and each day our looked as it did on our first day. Although we did go through the "no hot water" scenario it was resolved quickly. The pools and amenities are first class and children have their own pool making it nice for us older folks to not get in their way! Outdoor hot tub (minimum 18 yrs old for use) is great and the waterfall is the best. Although many packages are available such as food / activities we choose to pay individually for what we wanted. Food is very good and serving size WILL NOT leave you hungry. You should be advised that this resort is located in the country and the ride to it is filled with hills, twists and turns. Beautiful area with scenic views. The area does not have a lot of busy places and could be called "depressed" but I don't think those people living there would consider it that. If you like the "asphalt jungle" with a 24 hr store on every corner than you have to ask yourself what you left it for?

• Trip type: Traveled with friends