Our family spent Christmas 2013 week at the resort and enjoyed our stay. We had three-two bedrooms through an Interval timeshare exchange. Several weeks prior to arriving, we requested that the units be together and our request was well met. Our 3 units were on the 2nd floor, of a 4 unit second floor, just across and down the hallway from each other. The units were kept spotlessly clean and had daily maid service which is not the norm for a timeshare. The 2 bedroom units were very spacious and we had plenty of room even when the 3 families gathered in one unit for dinner or Christmas morning celebration. The furniture and decor were dated but in good repair. The kitchen was well stocked which allowed us to reduce expenses by eating our meals in the units. However, recommend, if you want to have meals in the unit, bring your food with you. The resort is remote and there are not many grocery stores in the area. The only downside in the units was that two of the units had just had the coils on the heaters cleaned and the residue had not completely burned off which resulted in a bad odor being present for a time after we arrived. Housekeeping attempted to cover the odor with Fabreeze, but that didn't work well. Beds were a bit hard and if you have neck issues, bring your own pillow. The pillows are large foam type.
The activities are extensive and well run. The family enjoyed the skiing which is on- site and was not very crowded over Christmas. There was no wait for the lifts. Many in the group got quite good at Bocce Ball available in their activity center. We also took advantage of the bowling center, bingo, line-dancing lessons, the welcome free wine and cheese reception, and the kids "Bouncing" equipment facility. There were many more activities which we didn't have the energy or time to participate. The resort is compact which made getting around quite easy, especially since there were several shuttle buses running constantly and there was never more than a several minute wait to get one. Only exception was getting shuttle service to/from the ski chalet. A call must be made, but service persons all appeared to have walkie-talkies and requests for that shuttle-run were handled efficiently.
I'd highly recommend this resort for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center is proud to announce that we have just received the Fodor’s Choice 2010 Award. The Awards are given to the "best of the best," in hotel/resort destinations providing remarkable experiences in price range, destination, or category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Roma Hotel Callicoon
- Hotel Roma
- Villa Roma Resort And Conference Center Callicoon, NY - Catskill Region