We had a really nice time at Villa Roma for my in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary. We stayed for 4 nights/5 days. I would definitely recommend it for a family vacation as there are a lot of activities for kids and adults. There are a few cons - parts of the resort are tired, the evening entertainment was so-so, and the dinner seemed a little assembly line and not very personalized. However, the pros outweigh any complaints. First the rooms - we were in a renovated room - not super fancy but comfortable and clean. Phyllis kept our rooms very clean and did so in a very timely manner. The pools are awesome - lots of different areas so our toddler could swim with us in the big pool but be independent inthe kiddie area. I read a lot about people saving chairs which is 100% true - but we never lacked for lounge chairs - they may have just been a little further from the pool then we would have liked - no big deal. There was a nice bar and a little cafeteria for a quick bite (but the hotel was close enough if you wanted something more substantial). We ate 2x at the cafe in the lobby - the staff there was so accommodating and nice - never made us feel unwelcome even though we changed tables on them :)
There were a lot of other things to do there - there is a very nice playground and a whole area for bouncy houses which was the favorite of our 3 year old. My husband went horseback riding and I had a facial which was awesome (I think it was Karen but my apologies if i have her name wrong).
Last but certainly not least, was the dining room. To be fair, it was not my style, but our servers - Edson and Jarou (pls forgive me if my spelling is incorrect) were AMAZING. We were with them for breakfast and dinner and they bent over backwards for us. No request was refused at our table for 10 and they were always smiling. The food was good and plentiful.
I would definitely recommment it for family travel. I feel like some of the reviews here were overly harsh - we had a nice time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center is proud to announce that we have just received the Fodor’s Choice 2010 Award. The Awards are given to the "best of the best," in hotel/resort destinations providing remarkable experiences in price range, destination, or category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Roma Hotel Callicoon
- Hotel Roma
- Villa Roma Resort And Conference Center Callicoon, NY - Catskill Region