My husband and I paid a lot of money to stay in this hotel only to be lied to, as we booked under the guise of a "couple's weekend" as presented to us upon booking. It was not true. We arrived after a 4 hour drive only to find a dirty place, disgusting room, and a hotel full of families and hundreds of children. Families are wonderful and we love families, but we were expecting a special weekend for us as a couple. One example: they lied to us, and once we did not fit it, they basically threw us out. We were told by the attendant at the hotel pool, we could not use the pool because a special group paid extra to reserve it, and we were not welcomed. When we told the front desk this, they quickly offered our money back. We drove and packed and took time off for no reason. We headed home after waiting all day to check in, and then we were going home 1 hour later. We were treated rudely by the entire staff, including Debra, Katie, and the Manager, Michael. It was simply awful, stay away. The place was just terrible in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center is proud to announce that we have just received the Fodor’s Choice 2010 Award. The Awards are given to the "best of the best," in hotel/resort destinations providing remarkable experiences in price range, destination, or category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Roma Hotel Callicoon
- Hotel Roma
- Villa Roma Resort And Conference Center Callicoon, NY - Catskill Region