“Reflection after staying there July 2010”

Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Callicoon
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We attended a family wedding there in July 2010. We enjoyed it at the time and the foo was delicious! The foyer beautiful, great pool and activities for families at every age. The room needed to be updated and cleaner.

We recently went to another all inclusive hotel rated #2 by Conde naste for it spa. If villa Roma would get a spa, they'd be all set.

Villa Rima gives you a resort feel, but at the same time a place you can feel at home with the family.

• Stayed: September 2011
acarlucci, Manager at Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your review with us!

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your relatives wedding at our resort. We have many wedding packages available for any budget. Since you were here in 2010, we have made a drastic change to our Clubhouse and remodeled it. It is not the same building since the changes!

We are always looking at ways to expand and add amenities to our resort. We have a small spa service area located above the indoor pool. Our Timeshare Sales Office will be able to help you with the service you are looking for!

It has been 2 full years since you have been here, we are looking forward to you coming back to see what we have done since then! We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

There are newer reviews for Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our family of six stayed for four nights/five days and had am amazing time. The children's ages ranged from 9 to 16 and there were plenty of activities to keep everyone happy and satisfied. There are many wonderful activities to choose from. The food was generally good but Caesar's night was awesome. The food was excellent and the festive atmosphere was very enjoyable. We stayed in a spacious 2 bedroom suite in the hotel which comfortably slept 6. Having a kitchen in our suite was very convenient as we could keep snacks and heat up quick bites. You will not however leave any restaurant hungry. The portions are excellent for hearty appetites. The staff is extremely accommodating and helpful. Staying in the hotel was very convenient as we were close to all activities. We truly enjoyed horseback riding, go karts, bowling, paintball, and the pools. The game room also has many activities to keep everyone occupied and having fun. The nightly entertainment choices appealed to everyone in our family. No one will complain about being bored as there is always a fun activity. We will definitely be returning for more family vacations here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time and sharing such a wonderful review!

We are happy that your children were able to enjoy the amenities and facilities we have on property. We work very hard in being able to provide something to do for all ages. This is one of the reasons we stand out from the rest!

The fact you enjoyed your dining experience is music to our ears! We feed over 700 guests a night in the various restaurants we have on site. We do our very best to make sure everyone leaves with a full stomach and satisfied. Caesar's Night is our signature night and it is something we enjoy doing for our guests. With a meal fit for a king and music, this is a night worth attending. You may even meet some special people as well!

We are happy to hear you had positive experiences with our staff. We train them to be helpful and make sure they treat our guests just like they are at home. We use industry leading training programs and go over this throughout the year. We are so happy to see these classes are working!

Thank you again for writing such a great review, and we are looking forward to you returning.

We hope you and your children enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Rooms in need of updating. We were in a 2 bedroom unit not in the hotel.. I believe the hotel was renovated in 2008. We were there in 2009. 2 hour away from time square. Close to Bethel where Woodstock was held. Will return when we have a 2 week stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Coco57Noah
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Villa Roma is a very family friendly place. I spent 5 days there as part of a large group and was very satisfied overall with the trip.

The service was great in the dining room. Angel was practically at our beck and call every 5 minutes, and also understood the "demands" of a toddler at mealtime. Butch was also very attentive. I am a bit of a food snob so I would not say the food overall was excellent, but it was good. Five courses every meal was very nice. You will leave full, that is for sure. However, Caesar's Night is the highlight of the week foodwise! This should not be missed! Most fantastic food I ate all week. The food was EXCELLENT and just kept coming course after course.

The grounds are well maintained and there is always something to do. I will say that whatever has been posted about the pool is all true. I don't know what the solution is but I wish there was one. It seems that more seating is needed, especially when there are large groups whose members want to sit together. I inquired about this at the front desk and was told that the management is working on it. The poolside grill is a great idea and is super convenient, but I was very disappointed in the food options. The majority of the food is fried and seemingly very fast foody. Having healthy lighter options available there is a suggestion I hope would be considered in the future.

I stayed in a Lodge room and was 100% satisfied. I don't know what everyone else's rooms were like, but mine was perfect: flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, an extra, small kitchen type sink, clean rug, couch. Is it really important what color the quilts are?? A firmer pillow would have been great, but these are not the kinds of things that make or break a trip.

Every hotel has issues no matter where you go, but the difference is in how the mangement handles the problems. This is the type of place that wants to make you happy, and they did just that for our group.

Bottom line is Villa Roma is a great family vacation and value for the money in the Catskills. If you are expecting the Ritz-Carlton, then you should go to the Ritz-Carlton. Don't go to Villa Roma and then come on Trip Adviosr and mislead people with your poor review. This place is a great time!

Room Tip: There are a variety of ammenities available in different rooms, so check with an agent while booking...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed for the first time with a large group and overall we had a great time. The great food, service, and activities helped us overlook an unfortunate check-in mix up. But our sales manager, (Adam) worked very hard overall to meet our groups' needs and did the best with the resources available upon check-in. The staff, overall, was very friendly and accommodating with specific needs/requests including dining and mobility needs for my grandmother. Our wait staff (Angel and Butch) and the maitre'd (Reza) were awesome. The food was great, I ate too much as I was not expecting five course meals every night! The pool area is beautiful, which we all enjoyed very much. The lodge accommodations were great for our groups' needs to be together and keep our kids close. The few from our group that stayed in the hotel were also very happy with their rooms given their specific needs/preferences. As with any place, things happen but when expectations are reasonable, one can overlook certain things and enjoy their vacation. As for many of the other bad reviews I've read, they seem to be off the mark. We are looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: Rooms vary in the hotel so speak with the resort to discuss your specific needs when making your res...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelgal325
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

The place is just not a nice place. The rooms are outdated and the place is not clean. Its sort of like being in a time warp to the 80's. You have people getting up at 7 am to get pool chairs they will never use. The pool concession is beyond the pale. The food in the main restaurant is just sad. Just drive an hour to a chain hotel and save yourself the disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank TheHopefulTraveler
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been to villa rom a for over 12 years and eve single year my family hand I are have the best summer because of " the best family vacation " of coarse my 16 year old isn't looking forward to going this year because she has been going since she was a toddler but my other daughter is jumping with joy to go we are actually leaving on Sunday and my younger daughter is so excited she packed 2 weeks before we are even leaving I have also went when I was a small child and it is great showing my children what I got to experience as a kid also and the best part is that villa rom a is always update g new things. I am in time share building 17 I have also been to Hershey many times and even the famous Hershey can't even catch up to the things that villa roma has it will never ever get old ever even if I go until im 90 I love this resort and when it's over all in can think about is coming back next year and who ever said they dont like it is obviously a kill joy and nothing fits up to there expectations so go ahead on your 50,000$ vacations while there is normal people having a great time and it's affordable I love taking my family and I can't wait until Sunday!!!!! :)

Room Tip: Pick a corner suite I have that kid it is very nice
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
acarlucci, Manager at Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a great review!

We want to first off thank you for being such a loyal guest of ours. You have been coming up here for 12 wonderful years, and we are happy to call you a part of our family.

Our resort prides itself in giving all of our guests a great family vacation with many amenities and activities at an affordable price.

We are always looking at ways to improve our activity program by adding more fun things to do, bringing in different entertainment, and by expanding and upgrading our amenities. Our number one priority is to ensure there is something to do for all our guests, no matter the age.

Thank you again for sharing such a positive review, we look forward to your visit, and cannot wait for you to experience our new social program!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Callicoon
Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center
Kenoza Lake View Manor
Kenoza Lake View Manor
#1 of 1 in Kenoza Lake
Schrute Farms

Been to Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!