“WEEK 32”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Callicoon
NEW YORK
“WEEK 32”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

going ther for over 20 years. would never miss it. 3 pools,hot tub,great golf course. a great family resort. try to rent from a timeshare owner 1 or 2 and a few 3 bedroom units. entertainment every night,kids club,gym,rwcquetbal etc. can't miss 15 minutres from monticello track and casino and white lake and woodstock..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank magzsr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We held our company’s annual outing at the Villa Roma Resort this past Labor Day weekend and couldn’t be happier with our selection. The facility itself is beautiful, and the surroundings are perfect for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. The front desk, dining room and activities staff were friendly and quite courteous and this made all the difference. We had a lovely and memorable stay and will be recommending Villa Roma to our friends, families and business associates for a wonderful resort experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank yang n
West Islip, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I attended a Bridal Shower at the club house. The food was enjoyable and the service was good. Stayed to experience the resort and decided to return for vacation.

Room Tip: I recommend the meal plans offered at check in.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lauriparez
Lindenhurst, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Hands down one of the best travel experiences I have had, from checking in to check out the staff is friendly and amazing. When I walked into the lobby it was like walking into the New Yorker hotel. The quality of my room was exquisite. It was clean and comfortable. My room was very modern and up to date. The food here was absolutely amazing. Their main dining room was very nice to sit down and eat but their food was amazing. The quality, quantity as well as the price was just right. On Thursday nights they do what is called Caesar’s night. Its a fun theme dinner where all the staff is dressed up in Roman dress but the food that night never stops coming. Dish after dish is brought to the table to eat and each one was better than the last. If we didn’t eat in the main dining room there were plenty of other place to eat. Their pool bar offered plenty of fun finger foods and lunches when we were just lounging by the pool, there was also a sit down cafe where the food is just as good. They even had a deli which serves breakfast as well as lunches and pizza!! It also had a bunch of items there just incase you forgot them at home. There was plenty to do there for the entire family as well. They run a day camp for the kids as well as a full day of activities every day for everyone else. There was also at least 4 or more pools, an out door hot tub, game room for the kids, as well as the list of daily activities, we always found something do. At night they even offered a kids program so we could go to the show which happened every night. Their acts ranged from singers to comedians and everything in between and after the shows were over there was always live musing in Marty's Lounge, which is nice very modernized bar and the drink prices were very reasonable. My favorite part of Villa Roma was their golf course, 18 holes of pure bliss. By far one of the nicest courses I have ever golfed at in New York. All in all my week stay at Villa Roma was by far a great vacation for me and my family. The staff is friendly and amazing, the food is out of this world, there is always something to do, and over all a great place for a family vacation. I would highly recommend taking your next vacation at Villa Roma!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian W
Forest Hills, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I spent the Labor Day weekend at Villa Roma. My 82 year old father-in-law joined us, and there was always something to do.

We had tickets to see Elton John at Bethel Woods on Saturday night, though not for my father-in-law. We were thrilled that he was able to enjoy the night club, and see the Bronx Wanderers while we were listening to Elton. Another plus, was the Villa Roma provided a free bus to the concert, so we didn't have to drive.

The weekend's weather didn't offer the sunny skies we hoped for, but there was plenty that we could do. I participated in a morning yoga stretch at the gym, while the men sat under the trees and read the newspapers.

During the few hours of sunshine, I lounged at the pool, and listened to the outdoor band. There are many pools, so you have options, and there is a shaded lounging area if you've had too much sun.

The bowling alley was a great afternoon diversion. And my father-in-law enjoyed bingo in the night club, while we bowled. I shopped at the dress shop, and picked up a few hats, and got a free make-up consultation from Sue at Kinectics. I stocked up on Fall shades and a new lipstick.

Though overcast skies, my husband and I went horseback riding one morning, and were led through the hilly woods bordering the hotel grounds. We were lucky because we were the only two on the path with the guide, so we had extra attention.

The main lobby is comfortable and my father-in-law always found friendly people with who to converse. He didn't opt to have a psychic reading, but he chatted with Gene, the Psychic and shared a few jokes.

The dining room offered an abundance of delicious foods on the menu. We had breakfast in the Roman Garden one morning, where I discovered caramel French toast. This is a delicious twist to the traditional French toast, and I highly recommend it.

I will definitely return to Villa Roma, and look forward to our upcoming family reunion, which will be held here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnaMarie P
spencer
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

This hotel has very serious wifi problems. The general manager Linda does not care about her customers relative to there internet connectivity. Whats really sad is in this specific area business travelers are getting more irritated each stay at this hotel. Not having high speed internet for an establishment such as this one is very sad. As a general manager you are supposed to care about your hotel guests as its essential to grow as a business and to make everyone happy. I asked Linda about this and she just wanted to not respond to the issue. I would say does this individual really have the right to hold this position especially in due to her ridiculous nature of response. What would have been suitable and also essential for her title as GM, would to take in some information on how to take care of this issue. maybe I will stay at the Hilton instead of this trashy hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank rateyourbusiness
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at the Villa Roma at the end of August 2011 with our family and friends and had such an amazing time. The pool is beautiful and the newly remodeled hotel is fabulous and classy looking! The entertainment was something to look forward to each night, especially the Bronx Wanderers, who really rocked and brought the house down!!!!!!!! Our children LOVE it there too !!!!!!!! Thanks to all the people there who made our vacation a most memorable one! Would recommend to families for sure !!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank girlsten
Also consider these accommodations in or near Callicoon
BEST WESTERN Monticello
Schrute Farms
Days Inn Liberty
Days Inn Liberty
#1 of 3 in Liberty

Been to Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!