“Wonderful Escape!”
other travelers have booked this property
The fireplace is so cozy - and romantic - all year long! A living room with big comfy seating!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
The fireplace is so cozy - and romantic - all year long!
A living room with big comfy seating!
The colorful dining room
A fully-stocked kitchen!
Inviting master bedroom
The master bedroom is perfect for a country nap!
The guest bedroom is oh-so tranquil...
Guestroom - so comfy!
Day bed perfect for a country nap
Full bakeware and cookware
Flowers abound
The view
Our pastoral setting is one-of-a-kind...
Another  friendly neighbor...
A spectacular view from the front porch!
Our closest neighbors!
Friendly neighbors across the way
Make bread, ice cream, popsicles or just about anything
Plenty of firewood
Concerts at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts - where Woodstock happened in 1969
The Hippie Museum
Raft, Kayak or Canoe on the Delaware River... only 10 minutes away!
Our herb garden
Woodstock took place nearby - a must see
We're waiting for you at Applewood Cottage!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

New York City, New York
“Wonderful Escape!”
Reviewed January 29, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I rented Applewood to get away from NYC for the weekend. It was the perfect escape. The fire place was great to have because we were there in January so it was cold (plus, fireplaces are just the perfect cherry on top for a cozy winter getaway). The bedrooms are spacious and lovely. The bathroom is huge and the claw-foot tub was a luxury. They have everything you could need from a kitchen appliance/amenities perspective (coffee maker, microwave, stove top, oven, toaster, plates, bowls, pots, pans, etc). The linens were lovely and everything was clean and obviously well cared for. The caretaker, Erin, was responsive, kind and helpful as was Nelson who we booked through. There was a note waiting for us to welcome us and give us some of the ins and outs of the area (grocery stores, attractions, etc). It was all around a wonderful experience and a beautiful home.

Jan 31, 2018
Wow, Lee - I am so glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed Applewood so thoroughly... We try our best to make it special and a true getaway in the country where you can enjoy a warm fire, a home cooked meal and a relaxing bath! We appreciate your lovely comments and hope you return in the summer to enjoy the Delaware River, flea markets and great shopping nearby. Thanks again!
Annabel B
“Idyllic charming quiet country cottage retreat”
Reviewed December 19, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

The cottage is beautiful, warm and comfortable, and the surroundings perfectly serene. I will definitely return. The kitchen is well organized and clean, the grounds lovely, the woodpile very convenient for making fires in the lovely stone fireplace. I felt very much at home. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Dec 21, 2017
Thanks so much for your kind words. I am glad the that you appreciated what Applewood Cottage has to offer... peace, serenity, nature and charm! Happy Holidays...
Adventure...
“Charming, quiet, peaceful getaway”
Reviewed November 12, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

A great weekend getaway for my sisters, my mom and me. We wanted to just be together and disconnect from the noise of life. This was the perfect place! It is such a peaceful, beautiful location. The house is charming and pretty spacious for 4 people. The kitchen had everything! The bathroom was stocked. There was lots of info about the area. There is a grill and firepit!

Relaxing by the fire was wonderful. The horses down the road were fun to "visit" and the cows right across the street were fun to watch too! The sunset was beautiful and the stars!! It was kind of chilly, but the stars were AMAZING!!! Nelson was so nice to work with. My stepdad even asked for the info! I think he wants to bring my mom back. I would for sure recommend.

And visit Crystal Lake Wild Forest if you can. It's only 5 miles away, has a 1.3 mile walking loop trail and so pretty!! There are of other outdoor things to visit too, but we didn't do too much as it was kind of cold.

Thank you for sharing your space and allowing us to connect and recharge!!

Nov 15, 2017
It was great hosting you at Applewood Cottage. I’m so glad you enjoyed our little piece of paradise. Please come back soon - the door is always open! Thanks...
Kramer925
Woodhaven, New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 13, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We loved our neighbors. They greeted upon arrival. If I had known ahead how much great stuff you had as kitchen supply I would have been baking bread! It was a Fire Island goes northwest flashback for me. Want to return in the winter to be able to use the fireplace. Great space.

Oct 23, 2017
I am so happy you enjoyed our little piece of heaven as much as we do! And that the cows came to greet you! Thank you for the kind words and we’ll be expecting you in the winter. It is truly magical at Applewood!
Marie D
“Remote area, room for improvement.”
Reviewed September 30, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

People need to know that this area is very remote. Very few shops and restaurants are open Monday - Wednesday. The cottage itself needs some attention. The kitchen light as well as the outdoor driveway light were not working. The bathroom had no hand soap or tissues. Half-used toiletries and used toothbrushes were lying around, which was kind of gross. The entire house needs a good top to bottom cleaning.

We did enjoy watching the sun rise over the mountains and the peace and quiet of our surroundings.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Oct 4, 2017
Thank you for review. Part of the charm of the house is its location - off the beaten track. I will make sure to make that more prominent in the description. The kitchen light is a bit temperamental and will be replaced. I will contact the cleaning service about the other issues - they have always done a good job, but will mention the issues you experienced. Thanks.
NYCmounta...
New York City, New York
“Quiet,peaceful, beautiful location”
Reviewed August 30, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

The location is perfect when you desire peace & beauty, twenty minute drive to town, 30 minute or so to easy/ moderate hikes, or a step outside your door for a scenic walk along a quiet country road. In the house, we loved the piano, we loved that it is dog friendly, and the space outside to play. Replacing the window screens would mean we could open the windows & let fresh air inside though. And though we like the hardwood floors, they needed to be vaccuumed. Prefer if there were curtains on windows. Tip: bring your own pots & pans, as those there are well worn. Overall, we loved Applewood Cottage and its location.

Oct 4, 2017
Thanks for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed our little piece of heaven. I will look into the screen issue. Last time I checked they were ok, and maybe need some replacements. I'm sorry to hear the floors, pots and pans were not up to snuff - I will contact the cleaning service about them. Enjoy the fall!
amadode
“Peaceful Vacation Retreat Surrounded By Nature.”
Reviewed June 1, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Applewood Cottage proved to be perfect choice for Memorial Day Weekend. Close enough to Callicoon with it's great farmers market (Sunday), yet far and away from any unnecessary noise. The only neighbors we've seen around were chipmunks, family of woodchucks, deer on the hill and cows on the pasture.
Crackling log fire was most welcome at the evening, well equipped kitchen nicely corresponded with all the fresh produce we've purchased at the market.
This cozy cottage provided us with all we needed to recharge "our batteries". If time allows, we'd certainly stay there again.

Your age range 50-64
Jun 4, 2017
It is always such a pleasure to hear that guests loved our little piece of heaven! Thank you for the kind words and we welcome you back with open arms! Enjoy your summer...
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing