“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Caledonia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rochester New York
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were seated right away and ordered drinks. The food took a little while coming out but when the food did the plates were very nicely prepared. The food tasted good and we all were very surprised that a small town had such a nice restaurant. Definitely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited June 2014

Rochester, New York
“Fine Dining, Great Food, Quality Place”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Once again I requested a night out at the Caledonia Village Inn for a special event in my life. This time I ordered the New York Strip Steak, french onion soup and house salad which was all spectacular. It was hard to fit in after the warm bread comes to the table encrusted in herbs and parmesan cheese. We decided not to order dessert and were treated with "Grandma's cookies", two iced sugar cookies given on the house to give you a sweet ending to your meal.
It's all the little things they do there, like fold your napkin and leave it on your chair if you excuse yourself to go to the restroom and write a message of thanks on your take home box. Oh, and don't forget to check out the trophy case of chef and ice carving awards hidden by the bathroom. The beautiful 100 year old inn is a perfect setting. Do yourself a favor and check this place out for a casual night (in the bar) or a big night out (in the dining room).

• Visited May 2014
“Easter Eve Dinner”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had a party of 12 for Easter Eve dinner. We all made the drive from Rochester out to Caledonia to the Caledonia Village Inn. The staff was exceptional, and the food was outstanding! Lisa does a great job greeting and making you feel like you are the only people in the restaurant. This was the first visit for many in our party and we are sure there will be many trips back to the Caledonia Village Inn!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank rbarnes4
Rochester, New York
“Quality of food has gone down”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I have been going to the Village Inn for quite some time. We decided to take my son and daughter-in-law and my daughter there for dinner over the Christmas holidays. The service, as always, was very good, BUT the quality of food was not that great. It was also quite cold inside and my wife and daughter kept their coats over their shoulders while we were there.My wife had always loved their Lobster Bisque, so she and my son and daughter-in-law ordered it. The color had always been pinkish, but this time it was almost a dark pink, and it tasted as though it had been cooked too long and actually had a burnt taste to it. My daughter-in-laws fish was mushy and my scallop dinner had very few scallops in the cream sauce. Overall, it was a disappointment in our children's first experience there. We are not sure if we will continue to go there for a good meal. Quite a let down.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Retirement Party”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We recently celebrated a retirement party for one of my employees. Lisa was great in assisting me to set it up. We had a total of 29 people and they were able to accomodate out request for individual meals. The food and the service were great. Made for a very nice memorable party. Thank you to Lisa & Jeff.

• Visited November 2013