“Very nice building and ambiance!”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Caledonia
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Prestbury, United Kingdom
“Very nice building and ambiance!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Really a classy feeling and elegant, historic place. Portions were absolutely enormous. Waitress was nice but could have been a tad nicer...we felt she was a little fast-paced for us given how empty the restaurant was and how little she presumably had to do as a result, but not a big worry. We would go back. Had the Chicken French and my wife had some enormous fish fry that could have fed a family of 4.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Clyde B

Rochester, New York
“Wonderful Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

After going to the Genesee Country Museum my husband and I went to one of our favorite restaurants, the Caledonia Village Inn. The owners, Lisa and Jeff, are wonderful and gracious. Jeff is an inspirational chef who puts on a great "Roast Night" on summer Tuesday nights, makes incredible dinners, and can carve ice sculptures that are works of art.
The food is divine, with seasonal changes to the menu. My favorite was a seafood pot pie last winter, but my husband raves about the melt-in-your-mouth steak and mushrooms. I once saw french fries come out stacked in artistic form! The bread before dinner is the best of any restaurant, and the lobster bisque is great AND beautiful.
The building is beautiful and quaint. We've even gone with our young children and felt quite at home. Don't forget the desserst either, because they are homemade and worth saving room!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Familytrip831
Pittsford, New York
“Rustic Ambiance”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Lovely relaxing evening in an old rustic setting. The brick surrounds the dining room and bar. The fire place is often decorated in MacKensie Childs, an interesting contrast. The owner is bustling about checking on guests and making sure everyone is satisfied and her husband, who is the chef, is busy in the kitchen. All of the staff are delightful. The menu is limited but diverse. The Coquille St. Jacque is absoultely wonderful as is the Rigatoni Ragu. They also serve fish frys, common to upstate New York, but also serve it broiled. Several very nice chicken dishes and salmon. Salads are crisp. My husband loves their onion soup and when I have room, the Lobster bisque is delightful. Along with the bill comes home made cookies.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mclark10
Vermont, U.S.A.
“FANTASTIC AMBIENCE AND FOOD!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A few weeks ago my husband and I had the pleasure of eating at this restaurant (on the recommendation of the owner of the Genesee Country Inn in Mumford) and we were extremely pleased with everything. If you enjoy old architecture and buildings, and the ambiemce it bestows, you will love it here - very romantic.... But that is only the beginning!

The food was outstanding - gourmet, but not 'over the top' and the portions were more then substantial. I had the Lobster Bisque and the Coquilles St Jacques (seasoned sea scallops) and my husband the Baked French Onion Gratine and the Beef Bourguignon (tenderloin tips) - each dish was an exquistite medley of tastes. I would "give an eyetooth" to have this restaurant 'in my backyard' so I could eat there every day(!). (Comments about the menu selections being "just o.k., nothing spectacular" are just plain misleading and unfair the the chef....)

I have read the disparaging remarks about the wait staff and the service, and could not disagree more with these comments. All who waited on us were punctual, polite and very caring and concerned that we were enjoying our meal. Even the manager or owner stopped by our table to inquire if we were pleased with the meal and service.

I hope to have the opportunity again, soon, to be in the area and eat here again. I would give the Caledonia Village Inn 10 stars!

• Visited April 2013
Connecticut
“AVERAGE”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

A few nights ago, my wife and I had the opportunity to dine at Caledonia Village Inn. It features a lovely décor with brick walls, a fireplace and rustic wood trim. My reason for entitling this "Average" relates to the service and my meal. The service left a bit to be desired...slow....didn't refill water glasses...table clearing...just minor things that should have been taken care of.

My meal, a grilled pork loin was nice and thick, but dry and rather bland tasting. The sweet potato fries were perfectly done and tasty. I thought the prices were reasonable. But, combine everything and I come out with "Average"

Dave