“Home Cooking”
Review of Burnt Hills Cafe

Burnt Hills Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Burnt Hills
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Thats it, specials daily and home cooking, nothing fancy but clean and good food and very good prices.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were looking for a quick dinner out with the kids that was good and didn't break the bank. The Burnt Hills Cafe met two of those requirements. We waited a very long time to even be acknowledged. After about 5 or more minutes, we got our menus and then our drinks shortly thereafter. We waited another 7-10 minutes before we decided we were going to leave, but then our waitress came over. I've had her before and if I had known she was the waitress for our table, I never would have sat there. She's older with long light brown hair that is pulled back. Once she did take our order, the food came out within a reasonable amount of time. Before we had our dinner, we decided we would not go back, but then we ate and everything was delicious -- roast pork with stuffing and seafood fra diavlo. Kids always get free ice cream, so when we were done she took the kids orders for ice cream, but never asked my husband or I if we wanted any and left as soon as she got their orders. She came back with the ice cream and the check, never asking if we wanted anything elses. So, we will be back, we will just make sure we don't have her as a waitress!
As an aside, my parents went there the other night and did not have the same waitress we did. But when it came time to pay the bill, the waitress we had stood talking to a cook and ignored them standing there. When the cook let her know my parents were waiting she gave him attitude that there were other people who could do that., but reluctantly took my parents payment.

2  Thank DVCMama
Reviewed July 29, 2011

About once a month, I treat myself to breakfast out at the Burnt Hills Cafe, sometimes joined by my wife. Its a popular spot, but I always am able to find a table. Usually, coffee is offered within 30 seconds of sitting down. They have an extensive breakfast menu, with a huge selection of eggs, pancakes, combo's, etc. I usually opt for the french toast and bacon. I always ask for crispy bacon, and that's what I get, and a sizable portion, too. The french toast is cooked just right. The egg dishes are also very quickly prepared...I actually don't know how they manage to do it so fast. After eating, I appreciate being given free time to have second or third cups of coffee. I highly recommend this place for a filling and tasty breakfast.

1  Thank superchemist1
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Great bang for the buck! Have never had an issue with any item ordered and the variety is unbelievable for such a little place! Very relaxed and friendly. It is always busy and the food is always fresh. The soups I have had have been homemade and delicious.

1  Thank tobadkydz
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Looks rather ordinary from the outside, but inside you will find a large selection of very good food, including Gyros, other Greek specialties, and Buffalo burgers. Very popular with local residents. They also do carry-out, but the core of their business is walk-in customers. The service is great and friendly.

1  Thank highcountrytraveler