“Great bar-b q”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The pulled pork is delicious, along with all the side dishes. This is the place to go if you are having a party at home and don't want all the work, just give them a call and they take care of everything. Pricing is very reasonable.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

To each their own........BUT in our opinion.....

The baked beans were very poor. No flavor at all, NO brown sugar (a must in our opinion!)

The BBQ sauce on the ribs seemed very odd.
It tasted like it was made from Tomato soup with vinegar added.
Have had better sauce from a bottle.

The beef Brisket did NOT seem like Brisket at all.
It seemed like another cut of beef, there was NO PINK RING that is inherent with Brisket, so that
is what makes us suspect it is NOT Brisket. There was no dry rub or BBQ sauce on the Brisket as well. Very odd. These people would do well to take a trip to Dionasaur and TAKE SOME NOTES, maybe even ask some questions, maybe watch some shows on FOOD NETWORK ??

It wasn't completely awful, but we just will not be returning because it's not our definition of
BBQ

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The small town of Burdett is where this is located, just about a 5 minute ride from our B&B in Watkins Glen. BBQ is tasty as is the marinated chicken. Best thing about the chicken is it's finished on a grill outside, and it has that great outside taste to it. Sweet potato was too sweet for my taste, but everything including the service was very good.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

This place has good food at a good price but I would not consider it a bbq joint. They do have pulled pork bbq, bbq ribs and 1/2 chicken but as far as bbq goes that is it. I really like bbq brisket and was disappointed that they didn’t have it. There are many other items on the menu to choose from such as pasta, burgers etc. I have had the fish fry (good) and onion petals (very good). Sides include macaroni salad, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, salt potatoes, french fries etc. If your near Burdett then stop in because you won’t be disappointed but don’t drive more than 30 minutes to get here expecting some extraordinary bbq food.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

My wife and I stopped here based on great reviews on this site (mistake #1). When a place has a name like this place has, we have certain expectations. Such as more than 3 BBQ items on the menu, and for those items to be actual SMOKED BBQ! While I can't comment on anything but the ribs, I can speak on them with authority. I know when ribs are prepared with the respect they deserve, and I can tell when they've been dishonored by being roasted in a pan in the oven til they are a mushy mess even gramma could eat without her best dentures. Then lets slather on some iffy at best sauce to cover the sins of the non-smoked preparation. I won't even get into the straight out of a can beans (Gramma Browns if I had to guess). Great corn bread though, service was fine and wifeys steak was pretty good. Skip this if you are looking for real BBQ. Just sayin....