“Bold Merlot awesome...Awesome Winemaker”

Silver Springs Winery L.L.C.
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Burdett
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned small winery ... Hippie Attitude with international gold medal winning wines ... Dry red wines to Sweet wines ... we grow all our own grapes utilizing our three properties...Spring 2018 our Solar energy will give us a zero carbon footprint... friendly, inviting, loving, customer service...two of our wines benefit the local shelter... Brickoven pizza and seating for pizza, cheese and wine...in business since 2000 ... father daughter winemaker team ... multi generational family winery with roots in Italy ... #OneLove ... Peace ...
Reviewed October 10, 2014

I visited Silver Springs Winery after visiting many others in the area. When I walked in with my family and Friends I felt right at home and being Italian myself and the smell of something cooking that was reminiscence of my Grandmother was awesome. Mr. Zuccarino knows Wines and I will have to tell you that when I got his Wine Home it was fabulous. The Best Red Wines in the area. Period! He is a little more expensive than the others, but trust me it is so worth it.
Great Job!!

in 12 reviews
"couple years"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Do you want great wine or great ambiance? This winery was accommodating and the only- repeat only - one that both aerated and rinsed our glasses- also out of every winery we visited they were the best- all around great value- the wines are a bit more expensive but the quality is a cut above. We ended up being welcomed here when we had planned on visiting the next day after standing stone treated us disrespectfully- thank you standing stone we ended up a lot happier here- A MUST SEE!
Thank you JON! It's nice to see pride in ownership of an amazing product!

1  Thank CarfoxNE
Reviewed July 30, 2014

They try too hard to be "a cut above the rest". The wine is ok, but they are not as good as they think they are. The prices are not worth the quality of their wine, although I am sure they think they are.

I have been told by others that Seneca lake is the more snobby of the finger lakes, and now see what they are talking about.

Also, I would recommend that they tidy up the place a little if they are such a high end winery.

We proceeded further up the road to Hazlit, and though their wines are not my favorite, we had fun there at least, and I didn't feel like I was being fleeced.

4  Thank Pags_14750
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We go up to the finger lakes region every fall for a few days and try to vary our itinerary each time to explore as many area wineries as possible. We almost drove past this place and what a terrible loss that would have been!! The outside of the building was very unremarkable...just a plain, spartan looking building sitting on top of a small rise with a gravel parking lot that had no cars in it at the time. But, what the heck, we had time, and after all, tasting wine was one of the major reasons we came, so stopped in spite of our misgivings. Once we tasted the wine, we understood...if you make the BEST wine in the region, you don't need all the external trappings and "gingerbread" to entice people to stop.

The wine was simply the best we have had in our multiple trips to the region. At my first sip, I said, "Wow...this is very good" and by the second sample I asked "Your wine so soo much better than the other wines we've tasted...obviously you must do something different to get such an intensity of flavors." That's when he explained that the air dry their grapes on straw to partially dehydrate them before pressing, concentrating the flavor. It takes longer but we do it because that's the way they do it in the "old country" .

Don't drive by this place like we almost did. We will continue to vary our itinerary each fall as is our custom, but EVERY future itinerary will include a stop here!!

1  Thank Darrel T