Silver Springs Winery L.L.C.
Review Highlights
Great wines!

Definately my favorite winery and wines during our trip. I prefer the sweet wines and theirs were... read more

Reviewed yesterday
628kerryf
Sweet Wines are great

The staff here are always friendly. We enjoy their sweet wines which are all so yummy it's hard to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
MHFrompa
Dover, Pennsylvania

All reviews fruit wines pizza the owner great wine finger lakes seneca lake wine maker wine tour peace sign tasting room first stop dry reds sweet wine great family great host favorite stop knowledgeable staff
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Do you want great wine or great ambiance? This winery was accommodating and the only- repeat only - one that both aerated and rinsed our glasses- also out of every winery we visited they were the best- all around great value- the wines are a bit more expensive but the quality is a cut above. We ended up being welcomed here when we had planned on visiting the next day after standing stone treated us disrespectfully- thank you standing stone we ended up a lot happier here- A MUST SEE!
Thank you JON! It's nice to see pride in ownership of an amazing product!

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank CarfoxNE
Reviewed July 30, 2014

They try too hard to be "a cut above the rest". The wine is ok, but they are not as good as they think they are. The prices are not worth the quality of their wine, although I am sure they think they are.

I have been told by others that Seneca lake is the more snobby of the finger lakes, and now see what they are talking about.

Also, I would recommend that they tidy up the place a little if they are such a high end winery.

We proceeded further up the road to Hazlit, and though their wines are not my favorite, we had fun there at least, and I didn't feel like I was being fleeced.

Date of experience: July 2014
5  Thank Pags_14750
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We go up to the finger lakes region every fall for a few days and try to vary our itinerary each time to explore as many area wineries as possible. We almost drove past this place and what a terrible loss that would have been!! The outside of the building was very unremarkable...just a plain, spartan looking building sitting on top of a small rise with a gravel parking lot that had no cars in it at the time. But, what the heck, we had time, and after all, tasting wine was one of the major reasons we came, so stopped in spite of our misgivings. Once we tasted the wine, we understood...if you make the BEST wine in the region, you don't need all the external trappings and "gingerbread" to entice people to stop.

The wine was simply the best we have had in our multiple trips to the region. At my first sip, I said, "Wow...this is very good" and by the second sample I asked "Your wine so soo much better than the other wines we've tasted...obviously you must do something different to get such an intensity of flavors." That's when he explained that the air dry their grapes on straw to partially dehydrate them before pressing, concentrating the flavor. It takes longer but we do it because that's the way they do it in the "old country" .

Don't drive by this place like we almost did. We will continue to vary our itinerary each fall as is our custom, but EVERY future itinerary will include a stop here!!

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank Darrel T
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Between the kind and knowledgable staff and the superb wine, Silver Springs is really worth the visit! The owner really knows what he's doing!

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Totally enjoyed visiting this winery. The owner's nephew was very personable and knowledgeable. He explained the history of the winery and was great at suggesting wines we may enjoy. The fruit wines are incredible!! Silver Springs wines may well be our new favorite!

1  Thank Dawn B