“Great time. Lots of Fun”

Painted Bar Stables
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Burdett
More attraction details
Owner description: Painted Bar Stables is a community-oriented riding facility located just uphill from the scenic Watkins Glen, N.Y. The stable offers year-round guided trail rides to the general public as well as lessons, leasing, boarding and educational opportunities to facilitate dream-realization and lifelong relationships between people and horses.Specializing in trail riding, the stable has reliable horses to guarantee a safe, secure adventure on horseback for riders of all ages and abilities. Our experienced horses carry riders through the rolling landscape of the Finger Lakes Region on beautiful trails ranging from simple to rugged terrain. Each ride is carefully crafted through matchmaking of the horse and rider and selection of the perfect trail to give every individual the best experience possible.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Webby01
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great time. Lots of Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We did a family trail ride with a large group. They were easily able to accommodate all of us including my 84 year old mother. It was a great time and we had lots of fun. The instructors were very friendly and laid back. I would definitely do it again.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Webby01

Rockland, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ride with my daughter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I want to share a great trail ride experience that I recently had with my 9-year-old daughter at Painted Bar. We were able to schedule a ride (online) the same day that we rode. Even though it was the busy season (early August), we were the only 2 in our group. I was very impressed with how much time the guide took to explain the essentials of horse behavior and management to us. The trail itself was a mix of open fields and light woods- very picturesque. The guide was friendly, knowledgeable, and very encouraging to my daughter. (Along the ride, I learned that she is the owner of the stables!) To repond to another review, yes, as you leave the stables, you walk past the mini-mart/gas station that is situated right next to the stable. That takes approximately 30 seconds and then you are in a beautiful natural setting. It does not detract from the ride at all! We had an excellent experience and will definitely return here the next time we are in the Fingerlakes.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank SueZRockland_NY
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Loved the amazing instruction for beginners. So fun! The horses were matched perfectly with each rider.

Brooklyn, New York
“beautiful trail ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Painted Bar Stables is a fantastic spot near Watkins Glenn and the Fingerlakes for a casual trail ride - or more -.
Whatever your level, however much time you have, you are matched up with a horse who suits you, and are out on an exciting and different way to view the local scenery. The nice thing is you can be with people of any age, if you are with a family of little kids or teens or adults they will all love it.
You will see all kinds of local scenery -- wide fields planted with crops, scenic vistas, many kinds of birds and wildflowers -- there might be deer up close - and interesting forest and terrain. There are vineyards near by and all kinds of restaurants, and it is truly a unique and different experience for anyone in the area who does not just want to do customary 'tourist' activities or who might be doing them but wants to add something special.

Visited July 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Conquered My Fears”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The staff here is VERY knowledgeable. They knew I was new to riding and paid careful attention to me. I had so much fun with Pepsi! I had been bucked off a horse when I was 8 years old so I was pretty scared, but the staff at Painted Bar Stables was really attentive. I highly recommend this place!

Visited March 2012