“A Unique Experience among all the Wineries”

Finger Lakes Distilling Company
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Burdett
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Finger Lakes Distilling is a New York State Farm Distillery. We use locally grown fruits and grains to produce a range of high-quality, handmade spirits Including vodka, gin, whiskey, grappa and a variety of liqueurs and brandies. Our tasting room directly overlooks the production area for a tasteful and educational experience!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Rochester,NY
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“A Unique Experience among all the Wineries”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great place to visit!! And great gift ideas!!
My husband and I were able to take the McKenzie Tour of the Distillery. We learned how they make Their Rye Whiskey. Their tour directed was very informative and truly loved their products. We learned that everything used to produce their products from a 5 mile radius of the distillery!! Talk about local!! We were able to try 3 of their products. My number one favorite was their Raspeberry Cordial!! It's going to be great with some dark chocolate. Their Rye Whiskey has won awards 3 out of 4 years. They are a new distillery. We even met Brian one of the owners. You saw the passion and pride he has for what he does. We even got to choose a souvenir glass. The tour was $30/couple.
I would highly recommend this even if you aren't able to take a tour. It is something different among all of wineries in the area.

1 Thank cj-poohfan

Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tasting vodka”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped here while we were on a Seneca Lake Wine Tour event to purchase a gift for a family member.
The staff was very friendly and was able to give us a lot of information about the products made there. The tasting was very fun and I was able to buy the perfect gift for my brother.

Visited December 2012
Burdett, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unique”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The first Distillary on the Finger Lakes and still the best. Great folks & "stuff"! They are on the East side of Seneca Lake, near many outstanding wineries and breweries and restaurants. A great day of seeing the beauty of the Finger Lakes./

Rochester, New York
“GREAT place to visit (and shop)!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

So friendly and such a unique spot to visit! Beautiful grounds!
We took the 11:00 tour-- learned so much about the process and it really made us appreciate their efforts that go into making such a high quality product. Hand crafted & local commitment info really impressed us.... not to mention the tasting. My husband liked the bourbon, I liked the vodka (made from grapes) and the maplejack. Highly recommend taking the tour, but worth the stop even if you can't.

Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to visit!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I got a great tour from John. The mixed berry vodka is fantastic! My husband enjoyed the bourbon and the rye whiskey. As soon as we returned home we enjoyed what we had purchased. If you are in the area make sure you stop in...you will not be disappointed.