“Terrific B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brooktondale
Brookton Hollow Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Brooktondale B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012

As others have written, Debby and Erick are terrific hosts for this peaceful country setting. I was meeting 2 old college friends, and they accommodated us in 2 rooms with a cot. We were very comfortable and felt at home. The breakfasts were yummy with plenty of healthy food. We enjoyed walking around the farm and country roads and sitting outdoors. We also enjoyed their market nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 10, 2012

My wife and I have had the pleasure of staying here 4 times over the past few years. We just love it. Debby & Erick are not only wonderful hosts, they are wonderful,interesting and caring people. That all translates into the charm,decor and comfortable feeling we get every time we arrive here. The Brookton Hollow is in a peaceful location less than 10 minutes outside of Ithaca. It is a working farm and Erick will be more than happy to discuss the details with you. Each room provides it's own charm. The beds are heavenly. Debby always provides a plentiful breakfast in the AM. By the way make sure you try her homemade granola,with some yogurt. We always look forward to our visits here,can not imagine staying anywhere else when we visit the area. You will not be disappointinted when you stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bpets
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Debby and Erick are the perfect gatekeepers to Brooktondale and nearby Ithaca. Organic farmers themselves and the idealists behind the Brooktondale Market, they are doing much to keep the local culture alive. We found our visit to their B&B not only peaceful and cozy but extremely informative. Erick will take you on a tour of the ancient bean sorting machines in his farmhouse and Debby will guide you to the local market, her brainchild, that is revitalizing Brooktondale. Even as I write this I'm munching on delicious cheddar whales (i.e. goldfish, but bigger and better) purchased at her store. Debby made a delicious breakfast every morning, always accompanied by her homemade granola, and the rooms are comfortable, quiet and tastefully decorated. Their farm is a mere stones throw away from Ithaca, so venture out if you must. We preferred chatting with our hosts, learning about local bean farming, solar energy (their heat is supplied by solar panels!) and the history of the town.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatyLR
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was staying at Brookton Hollow Farm B&B when visiting Cornell University for a week and a half. The place was really nice, quiet and clean, the breakfast was outstandingly delicious and rich. I had the best trip ever, thanks to Debby and Eric.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Eric and Deborah are warm and welcoming hosts who are generous with information and guidance. The B&B is in the middle of farm fields and gardens and convenient to Ithaca and sightseeing. Rooms have plenty of space, the beds are comfortable, and they have AC, too, which is a blessing in hot weather. They serve an ample breakfast on the wide porch overlooking the fields. One caveat: two rooms share a bathroom. The solution? Go with another couple. We did, and it was fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ljg42
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I went there with my friends, it was a girl's trip and we had a good time there, it was very quiet and peaceful and clean, when we went there we were the only one so it felt more like renting a cabin, the owners were away but their son was there to host and was very friendly, the breakfast was delicious.Good internet service. At night we even get to watch the shooting stars from the back porch. The place was amazing the price was amazing, I would recommend others for a visit there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We were in town to attend (and in my case, participate as a bridesmaid in) a friend's wedding. When we arrived, the owners were not at home to check us in, but we were on a tight schedule so we had to turn around and leave. The house was open and we were able to go in and find our room; we would have been able to get comfortably settled in if we hadn't been running late for the rehearsal, so in normal circumstances it wouldn't have been a problem.

The house is cozy, comfortable, and beautifully furnished, and the owners are warm and kind. They were very understanding of our crazy wedding-preparation schedule and didn't seem miffed that we missed breakfast both mornings. It's literally just down the road from Ithaca, but it's far enough out that you hear nothing but crickets at night with the windows open. The three guest rooms are right next to each other, but are apparently well-insulated because we never heard anything from either of the neighboring rooms. I was a little apprehensive about having a shared bathroom, but it wasn't an issue. And this may seem odd to mention, but the house is very solidly built--there wasn't the slightest squeak or creak from the stairs when we left early and came back late each day! I wasn't at all concerned about disturbing the owners or other guests.

Overall, I think this B&B is an excellent place for the price, especially considering the price of other places in the area and its convenient location. I would definitely stay again if I found myself back in the Ithaca area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SparkMonkey1980
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooktondale
Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons
Hampton Inn Ithaca
Hampton Inn Ithaca
#3 of 22 in Ithaca
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca

Been to Brookton Hollow Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!