“Not as good as expected”

Enzo's Of Arthur Avenue
Ranked #7 of 1,225 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bancroft, Ontario, Canada
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were really looking forward to eating at this place. We love Italian food and a local Italian man recommended this place. The atmosphere of the restaurant is lovely. Beautiful ceiling and nice paintings. The appetizer plate of assorted cheese and vegetables was fine. Our main course was ordinary at best. The ravioli pasta was tough and the tomato sauce was plain. It was O.K. My daughter ordered spaghetti with fresh clams in oil and garlic. The garlic was burned, rendering the dish inedible. It left a terrible taste in the mouth. The waitress asked how our meals were and we politely explained the problem, even inviting her to try a clam. She declined and told us we were wrong and the dish was fine. It was not. There was no acknowledgment of our complaint. We were really disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Colette F

Aalst, Belgium
“One of our best Italian dinners ever”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Wonderful restaurant in the real Little Italy of New York. Everything we tasted was top of the line. The starters very great: Zucchini Rollatino and a suggestion, Stuffed Zucchini Flowers. The two Veal dishes were even better. Absolute winners in taste. All this accompanied by a very nice Chianti Reserva. Needless to say we enjoyed our evening in the Bronx. If you're staying in Harlem, don't miss this restaurant. Great service too: classy and casual at the same time, the real Italian way. We loved everything about Enzo's ! Cheers

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sven V
Rumson, New Jersey
“One Of The Best Veal Dishes I Have Ever Tasted”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I visited Enzo's because of Trip Advisor reviews. I have never been to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx but it is obvious the epicenter for great Italian food. I stopped here before a concert at Yankees Stadium and I would have to say that it was very easy to eat here and go to the stadium.

I started with Brocolli Rabe with Sausage which was delicious. I followed with Veal Enzo which also had sausage so I was doubly blessed with great, spicy sausage. The flavors were amazing and it truly was a great food experience. I have uploaded photos of the dishes that I ordered. Portions are large, so order carefully.

The restaurant is very casual and seating is limited so please make a reservation. We arrived at 5:30 pm which was not an issue but by the time we left the restaurant on a Friday night was full. We parked on the street with no problem; pay the meter system and place the ticket on your dashboard. This is a family friendly destination.

The waiter was friendly and the service was fast. The wine list was limited but well priced; we had a 2010 Rossi di Montalcino for $45. The overall experience and value was great and I will be back to this area to try other Italian restaurants. That is high praise since it takes about 90 minutes to drive to this location from New Jersey, depending on traffic.

P.S. The espresso was delicious. I just got back from a trip to Italy and the espresso was authentic!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Brian P
Tappan, New York
“Lovely place”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went to the williamsbridge location on friday with two of my girlfriends for our girls night out. What a treat! We started with Stuffed zucchini blossoms which were amazing, avocado with crap and meat balls! so yummy then our mains were mouthwatering i had linguni and clam, one of my friends has arctic char and my other friend had a chicken cultet with a salad on it.. soooo good! dessert was great as well.. over all prices were great - very friendly staff and a nice atmosphere.. def stop by for some food.. well worth it

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Gina F
Massachusetts
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

In NYC for a graduation and wanted to eat some good Italian food. Read the reviews about Enzo's and decided to try it. We were not disappointed. We were there on a Sunday and about 6pm and were seated right away. The service was very good as was the food from the appetizers to the salads and entrees. Great service, good food and excellent ambiance makes this a must return dining destination

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Bill K

Been to Enzo's Of Arthur Avenue? Share your experiences!