WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Howard Johnson Bronx Near Stadium

Howard Johnson Bronx Near Stadium
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Bronx
Chambéry, Rhone-Alpes, France
“Excellent hotel in New York !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

With two friends of mine, we chose this hotel because it seemed to be friendly !

Well, we were not disappointed at all ! Our stay in Howard Johnson Inn Bronx was great, employees were great with us !

Our room was just perfect, breakfast was good, the neighbourhood quite quiet ! Taxi from the hotel is also not expensive !

Really, if you are looking for a good hotel in New York, just pick up this one. I will definitely come back !

Room Tip: Try to choose room 229, very well located :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joshua R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Slaughter, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This dirty, raggedy excuse for a hotel is situated quite literally on a highway. There could be no place less convenient to stay, even if you came only to see the Yankees, and especially if you don't have a car. Odd liquids and what looks like dried vomit covered much of my room's interior, and none of the utilities but the shower actually worked. A couple sweet staff members shone through the endlessly grim halls of the Yankee's Stadium HoJo, however. I wouldn;t be surprised if there was a serious asbestos problem there...

Room Tip: Don't stay here full stop.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JohnnyBrim

Travelers are raving about these Bronx hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

if you are looking for an affordable, clean hotel with a friendly staff, this is it! I went down with my girl, for a girls weekend in NY. We had an amazing time. The hotel had 2 big comfortable beds, tv, clean bathroom and lots of closet space to hang our clothes. Our room 229, was very clean, fluffy pillows as well. The hotel staff was so great with us, Isaia at front desk, always called us a taxi as needed, and the taxi was there in moments. One morning, I must admit I was badly hungover, went downstairs for a coffee and bagel and Noe, one of the members of the staff, told me to go up to my room, and relax, that he would bring it up for me! He brought us coffee, and toasted our bagels for us. How nice thanks Noe! I did go and read reviews from other guests on this hotel, and was sceptical when I chose this one, but im happy to say I found the place fantastic. In regards to safety, the hotel is right next door to the Bronx police station! You cant get any safer then that! Thanks Isaia, anyone I missed on front desk, Noe and the hotel manager was great too!
I look forward to coming down and staying with you again!

Room Tip: our room 229 was clean - comfy beds -
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
North Bergen, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was over-charged for my room, rate was for a double bed when I stayed in a single bed room and I stayed multiple nights and rate was different every night for same room. Room had a strong combination of urine and wet dog smell. Breakfast is good if you want to be in a sugar coma. Coffee maker in room but no coffee, does not make sense at all. Blow dryer did not work, had to go out with wet hair. The only plus was the cleaning staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bellmore, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recently stayed at hojo by yankee stadium and was pleasently surprised. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable. The general mngr (Peter) was extremely helpful, he runs the property quite well and it shows in the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms and common areas. I would stay there again and reccomend it if your going to the game,the bronx zoo or just need a nice place to rest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family