“Can I put a ZERO???”

Howard Johnson Bronx Near Stadium
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This hotel was TERRIBLE. It was one of the worst I have ever stayed in. It was so cramped, you could not even walk around the beds. It was dirty. No elevator. They rent by the hour to couples and hookers. The beds cave in to the middle, so you stay up all night trying not to roll downhill. The air/heat is extremely loud and the cover rattles to we had to rig up a book and weight to keep the noise level down. The hallways were dark and dingy, the tile floors were filthy. The best thing about this hotel was it's location and that we didn't see any bugs, not bed bugs or roaches or anything. We moved to the Hampton in Yonkers later and I felt like I was staying in a castle and it only cost $10 more for a SUITE!

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Lv2Laff
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Bronx Near Stadium

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

There was a Car Show in Manhantan so the family and I decided to come and stay at the Howard Johnson Yankee Stadium in Bronx NY. It seemed like a great place to stay. When I walked in, the employee at the frontdesk was friendly and helpful . When we went to the room, it was fantastic. Also the room clean. If I ever come back to NY for another Car Show or event I will DEFINITELY come back here again.!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I went to the opening game for the Yankees and we needed a last minute room after the game we didn't want to go back, so we decided to stay at the hojo next to the highway. After all the price was decent we decided to stay, the room was not the greatest but it was good enough for the Bronx, clean, the best part of it was the free indoor parking and the Continental breakfast I will recommend this hotel to friends and fams

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Caligurlsrsexy
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stated here again for new years eve for just one night. The staff was pretty cool about me having a late check out. The breakfast isn't a five star but its okay cause it's free. Overall this hotel is what I was looking for.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Ipartyhard
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Bed Bugs, very dirty , never change sheets. Graffiti on walls , Entrance Office employees are rude and not helpful only care about Money. DON'T GO.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank BiggaDollaz
Reviewed January 9, 2012

One of the cheapest rates in the five boroughs. But buyer beware. Cleanliness was an issue. Room service did not typically come until late. One flight of stairs only. No elevator. Consistent water by the ice maker, which is the only way to get to the stairs. Not necessarily where you want to have your shoes get wet.
Overall, below even my diminished expectations.

Room Tip: First floor if you're elderly or handicapped.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Ken K
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I loved staying at Howard Johnson Yankee Stadium hotel! Service is great! People who work there are very sweet, polite and professional! Breakfast, wireless internet and HBO with my favorite TV series 'Two and a Half Men', express 4 train and a famous Yankee Stadium near the hotel - all this made my trip to NY amazing! Thanks to the Howard Johnson's manager G M Pete and a front desk Isaia! Amina from Moscow.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family