“Great Service, nice staff very clean.”

Howard Johnson Bronx Near Stadium
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a family wedding. I booked the room for me and a girlfriend. The room wasn't too big but the impotant thing is that is was clean and the staff were really cool about giving us directions and helpin us set a plan of how we was gonna spend the weekend.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Bronx Near Stadium

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Me and my boyfriend went to see a game and to hangout in nyc it was a great locationbthe subways its about a half mile n the bus 3 mins walking it was really easy gettin into the city.. The room wasnt that great but it was really clean and that was what we wanted it wasnt big enought but the cable lcd tv was great and the fridge the coffe pot everythin was great.. The breakfast was great the staff was nice veryhelpful.. Best part of the trip wa the free indoor parking FREE ppl FrEE it was a gret experience i would deff return.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

it was my firt time in this hotel and the service was so much excellent the room so clean, the breadfast area beutyful and delicuosus i wish i could come back again

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Me and my husband, 2 childrens went to watch a yankee vs blue jays game and we needed a hotel to stay at. So we look at few hotels around the area. So i decided to stay at the howard johnson yankee stadium because of 2 reasons. One is because is very close to the stadium and free indoor parking, which i was secure parking my car there. All the people working at the frontdesk are extremely helpful. Everytime i had a question they would give me an answer very politly. The contintial breaksfast was gd to me and family to keep me going for the day. The gm pete was very helpful with me and he took his time to explain to me how to get to time square and what train to take. I stood here for a couple of days and the staff was in top of the room service. Everytime i would go out my room would be done by the time i get back. This was the first hotel that i had a great experience in this bronx, i would come back to this hotel with my family again

Reviewed April 26, 2011

It's a 2 minute walk to the bus on Sedgewick to go to Yankees Stadium and a 5 walk to the bus that goes to Manhattan, which you can make it to the subway in a total of 8 to 9 minutes. Check your time of travel in other hotels, the last one I stayed at was way longer to get to anywhere and I was in Manhattan. For the relief of stress to stay in a clean hotel, with no bed bugs, with free protected parking and right next to the Police precinct is tops. I walk around the neighborhood for Chinese, cash only that is one of those hidden gems of fantastic food at a fantastc price. If you stay at other hotels with the same price, you will not get wi-fi, cleanliness, free parking, or breakfeast. Plus the General Manager bent over backwards helping me out and getting me where I was going. If you're from out of town, it defintely is the best. Also cab fare anywhere will save you a walk and the hacks are there quick. I stay here for business,by choice and keep coming back because it;'s nice, quiet, super fast wi-fi and peace of mind are well worth it, plus did I mention free parking? All around best deal in NY.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2011

The hotel is located near to the subway station, what is comfortable. There is a NYPD station next to the hotel, so it's a safe place. The price is ok.Beds are comfortable, service is good, very nice people:) An indoor parking is a very good advantage of this place. I recommend the hotel for anyone, who wants to visit NY:)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I with 2 of our friends were visiting NYC for the weekend. He is a die hard Yankee fan. Once we seen this hotel was at Yankee Stadium we had to book it. We were definitely doing a tour of the stadium and figured how great it would be to be near the subway as well. (So we could travel back and forth into the city). When we arrived Saturday morning we ran into people we knew staying there as well. We said we were heading to the stadium but didn't see it around the hotel, our friends said yeah its not near here its about a half mile to a mile walk up this street right next to the highway. So we walked it and it was about a 45 minute walk. I do not see how in the world Howard Johnsons can say they are at the stadium.
On top of all that during the walk you walk down this street with trash, shoes, condoms. broken glass etc. all over the ground. You walk past these fenced in wooded areas. It felt VERY unsafe! Good thing we had safety in numbers. The hotel is directly next to a police station, so people would be like great, but I had an erie feeling. On the other side of this police station was a homeless shelter.
After we had finished our tour and we headed back to the hotel there had been a delivery of mattress that just sat outside in the cold in the parking garage. On walking up closer to the mattresses there was a dead squirrel laid up next to them.... eww!!!
Inside he room was decent. The cleaning staff however did not empty the coffee pot from the pervious customers which was yucky. But I looked past that. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great night sleep in it. The marble floor in the bathroom was SUPER cold to walk on and the shower didn't get hot. The TV got a lot of channels and was a very nice picture. Our room was warm enough for us and the lighting was good. I would not ever recommend this hotel to anyone though. We were very deceived about the location which made for a big turn off to this establishment.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple