“great food and service”
Review of Tra Di Noi

Tra Di Noi
Ranked #19 of 1,278 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Best restaurant on or near arthur ave. The specials are excellent . The service is impeccable. The chef is obviously very experienced and attentive .

1  Thank Al G

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went to Mt Carmel for Mass (right across the street) and then early dinner at Tri Di Noi due to the wonderful TA reviews. We weren't disappointed in the quality of the food even though the prices were higher than expected, but the inflexibility of the institutional waitress placed a pall on the otherwise wonderful afternoon.

We will return because the food was good, not because of the service.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Calamari and lasagna - amazing! But the pasta with garlic and olive oil was too overpowering. Service was great - small restaurant, hostess/owner warm and friendly. Just a lovely atmosphere in a small restaurant with good food. Need to come back when gnocchi is on the menu!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I would say it this restaurant's food is better than a run of the mill Italian restaurant in the US but not as good as Italy. I have seen reviews on other opinion pages that said the service was not good. Our waiter acted like we were bothering him and he would get to us when he got to us. As for the food, it was good but not exceptional.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Last week we ate there three times. We were a group of volunteer harness drivers from Yonkers Raceway who gave of our time to lend a helping hand at the Westchester County Food bank. We were thirteen and everyones' meal was super. Marco the chef/owner has a great salad and most of the group started off there or with fried calamarie or a seafood salad. All of which were just great. I noticed the color of the calamarie and on each of the three occasions it was light. To me that indicates that the oil is changed very often. On day one Marco had macaroni with fresh fava beans and panchetta that was over the top. While others raved about the lasagna or great halibut or red snapper or the prince edward island muscles that macaroni dish was the reason I doubled back with a friend two days later. While I touted the macaroni dish I found that my buddy knew it having had it once before when it had appeared on the chalk board. So we had one each and it was lick the plate good. We followed that with chicken scarpariello with sausage. Finding myself craving this dish I talked the girlfriend into a trip to the Bronx for macaroni as good as it is in Italy and back at the table in this small restaurant I was again. Sadly I guess me and my buddies ate the last of the fava and macaroni. So for me I had the seafood salad and, I can't believe I did this, I ordered a steak. Something I never do in an Italian restaurant. It was great and I gather the restaurant gets its meat from the exceptionally great butcher shop called Biancardis right around the corner on Arthur Avenue. A place me and the rest of the world, ie Conn. residents have discovered along with the NYC firemen who stop there to stock their firehouse kitchens. Marco was born and schooled in Italy and his little gem on 186th Street and Hughes Ave. is a keeper. It ranks with a Don Peppe in Queens, a Roberto in the same area where each place has great but evidenceof different cusines from various regions of Italy. Tra Di Noi means "amongst us" but I had to share it with you all.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member