“Great Lobster, Cheap Prices”

The Original Crab Shanty
Ranked #27 of 1,267 Restaurants in Bronx
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is one of the most popular lobster places on City Island, The Bronx. The lobster specials are very reasonably priced, and parking is convenient. The atmosphere is very casual and the service is great.

1  Thank PeterDerrick

Reviewed January 16, 2014

City Island is a treasure and the Original Crab Shanty is the perfect place to meet friends for a lobster lunch. I ordered the lunch special which consisted of a 1 1/4 lb. lobster, baked potato, salad and vegetable. The weekday lunch menu runs to 4 pm. I got there at 3:00 and dined for 2 hours. Needless to say, it was the main meal of the day. If you get a chance to visit City Island, enjoy the scenery and stop by the Original Crab Shanty, have a glass of wine and feast on delicious seaford.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Was in the Bronx one afternoon and we were really hungry. Not knowing where to go my companion suggested City Island. Drove down the main drag and looked for open restaurants. When we saw many cars in the parking lot we decided to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise. Food was good. Miser vice very attentive

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I love this restaraunt! The service is alway's excellent, the food is always good as well as the drinks. This is my 8yr olds favorite place when we dine out. Her Birthday is coming up and guess where she wants to go for dinner? "The Shanty" as she call's it! Been going there for years and never have I been disappointed!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is thee only restaurant I go to on City Island. It's Italian style restaurant with lots of seafood options. My favorite is the snow crab legs - they are delicious! DO order the New England Clam Chowder, it's the best clam chowder I've ever tasted in my life! DO order the Shanty Rum Punch but be careful, it will sneak up on you. This place gets pretty crowded around dinner time on weekends so be prepared to wait.