“Great Hotel”
Review of Opera House Hotel

Opera House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for a 50th birthday party in city island -- great hotel -- I cannot say enough great things about the staff! it was pouring rain out and the staff ran next door to give me cab vouchers for their service -- always smiling happy to help you -- great little Mexican place right next door -- amazing sangria!!!!!!!!!!!! -- the rooms are spotless -- very quiet and comfortable -- waterfall shower head -- def would have paid more but great deal! lots of history too!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

All the positive reviews I read about the hotel are 100% true. The staff is welcoming, helpful and professional, and the rooms are just as in the photos: spacious, new and comfortable. Breakfast could be a bit more varied, but it did keep us fed until dinner time!
The hotel is situated a hundred meters from the subway station and it takes you around 20 minutes to get to Times Square. We had no safety concerns whatsoever.
If I go to NYC again I will definitely stay at this hotel as it is mroe than value for money, it is simply a great place to stay.
p.s. shower heads are attached to the wall, no shower hose. that is the only thing I would change.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2014

From a very warm welcome to arranging our cab ride at checkout—service couldn't've been better.
Beautiful, well appointed room, and a heavenly bed, self-serve breakfast with many choices, including espresso-based drinks.
Hope to be able to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry B
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing! A group of friends and I were visiting from Boston and we had such a wonderful experience. Duke and Carlos from the front desk were beyond helpful and extremely pleasant. They made our stay that much better. No complaints at all!! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicole B
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I like to visit and stay all over NYC and stumbled across this hotel in the Bronx. We've stayed in hotels that have cost 3x the price and weren't half as nice, had anywhere near as nice of a staff or the majority of the features of this hotel. Next door is an amazing restaurant as well. We were helped and greeted by Duke at the front and he was kind, funny, helpful and extremely considerate as we asked him a ton of questions about what's nearby and what more can we expect from the hotel. We loved the hotel so much we insisted to get updated on any possible rewards program they might have. Absolutely loved the hotel, although it may not be in the most desired area trust me when I say it's like an oasis in the desert. It's amazing. Please do yourself a favor and check out this beautiful, modern, spacious, comfortable and affordable hotel.

-Ashley&Shawn

2  Thank ashleymacy
Reviewed January 5, 2014

After hours of reviewing NYC area hotels and reading countless reviews, we reserved the room at the Opera House Hotel for our getaway trip. I was more than pleased with that decision as soon as I arrived! I was greeted by two very friendly gentlemen at the front desk. They promptly processed me through, and although there was no parking available in their complimentary lot, they guided me to a lot across the street that charged only $12 for the full time we were there. Very helpful. The entire hotel, top to bottom is impeccably clean and beautifully decorated with clippings and photos of past Opera House events and actors. The double queen room was very large and very clean. The neighborhood is as safe as you can imagine for an NYC neighborhood. I never once felt unsafe, even with two preteen girls with me. The pizza shop one block up the hill has amazing pizza, and their staff was very friendly as well. The subway line is just a 5 minute walk up the hill, and a quick ride into the city. All around the hotel are various clothing, food and beauty shops for browsing and entertainment. All around I am very, very impressed with this place. My one recommendation is that you ask in advance if there is any construction going on. On our last day we had intended to sleep in before our long drive home. We were suddenly awoken just before 8 am by the most horribly loud, rattling noise that made the floors shake. Scared, I called the front desk and was told by Melissa that it was construction. This extremely loud drilling sound continued the rest of the morning as well. It was not however audible on the Mezzanine level while we were eating breakfast, so I am certain there are rooms in the building that are safe from this. Just ask ahead of time to avoid this, and I guarantee you too will love this place!

Room Tip: Ask ahead to avoid construction noise, especially on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MeganP1204
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel was lovely inside for the price we paid. The neighborhood was a little sketchy but there were always people around. We travelled back to the hotel at about 4am and were able to take the subway which is only a block from the hotel. The area was not bad at night. The inside of the hotel is very nice. The rooms were clean and staff was friendly. There are only 4 spots to park your car but we were able to find free street parking a block away. Overall, great experience.

1  Thank Kaitlyn B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bronx
Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo
#6 of 14 in Bronx
Umbrella Hotel
#8 of 14 in Bronx
Manhattan
Edge Hotel
Edge Hotel
#83 of 471 in New York City

Been to Opera House Hotel? Share your experiences!