“My Favorite Resturant in the Bronx”
Review of F & J Pine Tavern

F & J Pine Tavern
Ranked #26 of 1,242 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Food is Delicious and a lot of quantity. The place is big and always full. Prices are reasonable.

There are newer reviews for F & J Pine Tavern

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Food is great. Huge portions and the service is very good, especially if you've been there a few times and they recognize you. The decor is very nice, plain, nothing special.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Pine use to be one of my favorite restaurants but maybe they have slipped a notch.The Pine is always crowded.they do not really honor reservations.The noise level is high ...so loud it is hard to carry on conversation..Let's talk about menu..after each main course there are two prices..one for lunch and one for dinner..You would think that the restaurant could afford to print two enus to avoid confusion.The portions are large ,the food tasty..The service has markedly declined since the last time I was there..The waiter was clearly not pleased that we did not order drinks nor wine..When I asked for my dish to be made spicey he told me he would bring me red pepper flakes.My dinner companions wanted more bread and it took him 20 minutes to comply.I will try the Pine again but if treated sdame way it will be my last..By the way the prices are getting high..not silly high but high..Bathroom could be a little cleaner

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We still frequent this location on occasion, but it's not as good as it used to be. It's in a residentail area so you don't have to valet park your car.

I usually order the Chicken Parmagiana...it's usually delicious! It's huge and I bring home leftovers. Others in my party order items only to be disappointed...I always tell them to order the CP as well.

Service has declined. They used to have alot more sports memorabilia on the walls, including game used bats, gloves and uniforms,now it's just generic autographed stuff from Steiner.

You have to come here either early or late, or else be prepared to wait, and the wait can be long. It's still an okay place to visit but sadly it has certainly lost it's spark :(

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I have to comment on my favorite dessert from here, it's called "mud pie" and it consist if a chocolate graham cracker crust filled w/ chocolate mousse(heavenly concoction) and topped with chocolate ganache it is out of this world good- definitely a guilty pleasure. Really good.Worth the price- about $6.50 per slice. A small price to pay for the trip to chocolate paradise!

Been to F & J Pine Tavern? Share your experiences!