“Simply Italian”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Simply Italian”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I took my two oldest grandsons here for their birthday on Sunday. I wanted to expose them to how real Italians in the old country eat. No menus, no separate tables, just one big family. They sat next to a nice Italian couple who talked to them through the whole meal. They had just a blast that this will be a yearly tradition. Now the meal. Just awesome. All I heard from them was "Papa, this was the best meal I have ever eaten. Just like Nonna's". This place is not for "snobs". If you don't like mingling with people and want your own table, don't go here. But if you want good food and lots of fun, this is the place. Lastly, the price was more than reasonable.

• Visited December 2013

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Authentic and original Italian.. LOVED IT!!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Dominick's was absolutely WONDERFUL!! Italian food at its finest.. No Menu's .. No checks..Just old world Italian dining... You wont be disappointed ...

1 Thank CiaoBella0215
Bronx, New York
“"return to glory"”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have not been to dominick's in several years. although the owner is a relative of a friend of mine, don't like to impose. it was my girlfriends birthday. so. we decided to take a ride to arthur avenue. our first choice, enzo's had a private party. two reasons why I don't frequent dominicks' as much is because it is always very crowded and they only accept cash.

we walked down to the restaurant at about 7:30 p.m. and is was fairly empty. I found this very odd. we were greeted and seated right away. I ordered the mussels, fra diavolo style as an appetizer. our entrees were chicken francaise and steal pizzioala. everything was delicious. although the menu is limited, highly recommend it..especially if you like mussels and beef!

1 Thank grectec
Somers, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Started off good with a nice basket of bread but when we asked for some olive oil, we were brought a bowl of what I think was Crisco oil. The waiter did ask how everything was and when we told him we couldn't eat the oil he says I don't blame you I wouldn't put it in my car. The veal parm was terrible, all bread. The antipasti salad was good, the provolone cheese was great. The bill was 100 for my husband and I, with only 2 glasses of wine. A ripoff, never going back again. I bet they will be out of business in a year. Nothing like the old Dominick's.

1 Thank Tolentine78
New York City, New York
“"SAVE YOURSELF"”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This (space) that calls itself a restaurant should be condemned !
It is occupied by a small group of con guys that will say yes anything in order to get your money !
Without using the profanity that best explains this hole....You are better off flushing your money down your own toilet.
What they serve as Italian food is a disgrace....even in that overall mostly Albanian neighborhood.

Close please close it !