“Good food, poor service”

Pasquale Rigoletto Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 1,250 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After waiting to be seated for about 15 minutes, it took about 30 minutes for a waiter to even come by to take our order. When he did he seemed totally disinterested. When I asked if pasta came with the meal he simply said "spaghetti". It took another 20 minutes or so to get our food. I was prepared to write a scathing review, but honestly, the food was very good. I had chicken francaise that was perfectly cooked. My wife had Osso Bucco and said it was well made as well. BTW, the menu online had different prices then the menu given us. A $16.95 dish turned into $20.95. I'm not sure if I had known the prices before sitting down if we would have come here.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Classic Italian food. Everything was very solid - very good. They do well to accomodate large parties, and can easily serve family style. Portions are quite plentiful. Wait staff is very helpful & accomodating. Limied wine list, but it's enough.

It is very local & typical Arthur Avenue - fascinating people

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great food and unbelievable family experience. Definitely would go back! Not sure about some of the other comments but the price I felt was satisfactory for the meal. The food was fresh and accommodating to our requests which were off the menu.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

One of the things I loved when I used to live in the NY Metropolitan area were the ethnic neighborhoods. I could always count on great ethnic meals. Now, vacationing in NYC, we went to Arthur Ave., the Italian center of the Bronx. I haven't eaten this well since moving to AZ. Bruschetta and chunks of Parmesan carved from a large cheese wheel were placed on the table as a tasty welcome. The appetizer baked clams oreganato were succulent and topped with crispy seasoned breadcrumbs. This item doesn't even appear on menus back home. My entree was veal Sorrentina, veal layered with eggplant, prociutto amd cheese ~ it melted in my mouth; the side dish was pasta in tomato sauce, but, sadly, was nothing spectacular. Portions were generous and leftovers were brought back to the kitchenette in our hotel room.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Arthur Avenue is one of the last original italian neighborhoods in the north east. lots of nice shops and cafes.

pasquales is not olive garden. old style italian dishes, our waiter spoke italian.

it has a nice decor that fits with the area.

if you like real old time italian food served in an autheic decor, then this is a place to dine.

parking lot in the rear..