“Great Atmosphere and Great Food”

Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #276 of 1,236 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: T was in 1966 that the Sammys's Fishbox story began; From our very humbe beginnings in 1966 we have grown from a 26 seat snack bar to a 500 seats, full service restaurant; preparing upwards of 1 million meals annually. Our phenomenal growth has been most gratifying to us. Since the beginning we believe some things are as true today as they were years ago; quality attracts customers, value earns respectand compromise in either is inappropriate. Our formula is very simple; we serve the best quality food prepared fresh daily in a uncompromising manner and served in generous portions at affordable prices. We at Sammy's wish to thank our customers for your loyalty in the past and we promise to earn more of that loyalty in the future. Sincerely, Sammy
Davie, Florida
“Great Atmosphere and Great Food”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great seafood!! Great atmosphere, Great Service. Great place to go with family, friends or to celebrate a special occasion. I will be going back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank lylywillie

“Lousy seating. Booths and log tables”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Terrible service. Waiters that don't serve you ignore you.we were 3 large people looking to sit at a table (booth to uncomfortable) they don't have any.

• Visited July 2013
“Don't be suckered in by the commercials!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Condescending waitstaff, poor service, runny pasta, inferior seafood, dense stuffing, overly salted, cold food, and mealy, old-tasting shrimp, in this dated, mildew smelling, overpriced restaurant. In addition, you get lunch-sized smaller portions for dinner prices.

Our waiter was impatient and could not be bothered with questions we had about the menu. I'm not a huge mussels fan, so I asked if I could substitute them for something else. After he confirmed I could, I requested stuffed clams. However, when my food arrived, there were mussels and not the clam substitute I ordered. I called our waiter over and reminded him about my substitute request. He looked at my plate, then looked at me and said, "Oh well, just try the mussels this time and we'll get it right on your next visit". When I told him that was unacceptable, he was visibly annoyed, he went to the kitchen, came back with a small bowl, slammed it on the table and instructed me to place the mussels in the bowl before he could order the clams!

Our waiter did not check on us once during our visit - he was quite busy socializing with the other waitstaff.

We ended up taking most of our food To-Go. One reason is because of the poor quality of the food - we decided our best option was for me to use it for a seafood stock at home. The other reason is that I was having an allergy attack from all the mildew in the restaurant.

Not at all the fun, warm and friendly restaurant with great food, that is depicted in the commercials. What a disappointment.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank leenycny
Staten Island, New York
“For 2 is actually for 4+”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

we ended up getting the paella for two and in reality, it's probably 4+. it had a decent amount of seafood but it was piled with rice - i wouldn't be surprised if they piled on a whole 10lb of rice... it was THAT much

the calamari wasn't too bad but it wasn't anything spectacular either - probably wont get it again.

service was decent but then again, maybe it was lacking because they had 2 parties going on (graduation parties probably)

would i come back? i would, but i probably wouldn't get any of the "for two" again just because it's only my wife and i eating...

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Wish it were better”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

What a disappointing meal. The staff was very friendly, and the free bread was hot and delicious. But then when our meals came, they recalled fell flat. The fried combo was huge, but nothing was crispy. In fact, it wasn't even hot. The seafood skewer over Cajun rice was slightly better, but still...the best part was the king crab leg. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things. The mini mud pie was really good though, but we really went there for seafood, not dessert. Honestly if I have to choose, I would choose quality over quantity. It was way too much food to waste.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant? Share your experiences!