“Love this place”

Add it.
Giovanni
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I'm puzzled by the bad reviews because we always get treated very well here. We've been here many times, usually with at least 5-6 other family members. We are seated immediately and usually order pizza so I can't speak for the other dishes. The pizza is the very best -- perfect, crispy crust, delicious sauce, cheese that tastes fresh. Service was great, waiters and waitresses always friendly. We have always gotten bread first, even if we just order pizza. So in my opinion, and I've been here at least 10 times, it's awesome.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

They over charged us and then they refused to take it off the bill. Also they have adverized that the lunch is $9.99 after we where seated they said because it was a holiday week they will not honor the special. My total bill came up to $45 dollars. We had a pizza for $11, two small pieces of veil for $17, and they charged us $7 for the salad that was supposed to come with the veil. After we question it they still refused to take if off the bill. I will never go back to a place where customers are taken advantage off!!

Reviewed January 2, 2010

I went with friends to get a pizza and we went into the back. They were quite busy but gave no indication that it would take FOREVER to get a pizza made. It took 45 minutes-1 hour. In that time, I asked a waitress and she snapped at me, " I've got people in front of you waiting for their pizza." Then, after 30 minutes of no food, I asked the waiter for bread. He responded that "we normally don't give bread when people order pizza". He only gave it us after we were ready to leave. The pizza was ordinary, it was $17 for a plain (rip off). We asked about the Ceasar salad and was told it was "Kraft dressing". It was New York attitude with the New York price without the New York taste.

Reviewed August 2, 2009

We walked in on a rainy Friday evening. We were seated in the back room. Only 2 other people were there - should've been the red flag. Husband ordered the linguine with red clam sauce and I ordered the Pizza a Fredo, which was supposed to have fontina cheese, rosemary, parmesan cheese, tomatoes and prosciutto and arugula. Husbands minestrone soup arrived in a bowl, which wouldn't fill up a tea cup. My pizza came topped heavily with arugula and when I looked for other ingredients I couldn't find them! NO fontina, no rosemary, but added balsamic vinegar on top with one piece of prosciutto torn into little pieces! It was hideous and I lost my appetite. The waiter explained that when the cook doesn't have the ingredients he uses whatever he has. "No, he's not supposed to do that", I corrected. I ordered a simple Margherita pizza that arrived 20 minutes later (all mini pizzas, by the way), that had one very tiny morsel of basil on it. Husband barely ate his food while a few gnats flew around us. The pasta sauce was tasteless and had 3 clams in it - $17!!! It was just horrible. Our bill didn't show any debits for our dissatisfaction and the waiter explained that the owner knew and saw that we returned the pizza and were not pleased. There wasn't even an offer to comp our beers or get a dessert. We were told any place on Arthur avenue would be worthwhile because of the discerning public, but clearly this place couldn't even take care of their TWO ONLY customers on this rainy evening. As we walked out, the owner and friends just sat there rudely and ignored us. In these economic times, it was a pure shame for both ends. All other reviews were written a while ago, so disregard them for sure. I get goose chills thinking about it. Yuck!!!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Best Eggplant Parmesan in NY!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook