“Safety and comfort in the Bronx”

Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I was visiting some friends in the Bronx and I usually stay in Manhattan but due to traffic I decide to book this hotel.. All I can say is AWESOME PLACE in the Bronx. ALL the staff were so nice and so helpful and the hotel was clean and well kept. They treated me so good that if I ever go back to NY I stay there again.. They went above and beyond for me and my niece since I came from Florida I was a bit rusty with the train system. I love this place and I would recommend them to everyone I give them a AAAA + . From the good breakfast to the service they were truly top notch . I like how is a it hidden between the buildings and its so cozy . There is a delish Spanish restaurant right on the corner that serves the most delicious food and so cheap too... I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sunny2342014
Anish G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Hi Sunny2342014,
Thank you for 5 star review. It’s great to know that we were able to make your stay pleasant and we will be looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo.

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Okay so my boyfriend and I went like, a week ago and stood there for 1 night. They have a nice lobby. You would expect all of this in a manhattan hotel. But surprisingly, it was pretty neat to find a hotel like this in the bronx. I'm a bronx native so y'kno some hotels in the bronx aren't appealing and clean, etc.. But this one blew me away. I just wish the area they had it in was much better & not skeptical looking. It's best to go in the daytime if you wanna check in rather at night. I mean, my boyfriend and I went in around 11pm and you just gotta be careful of ur surroundings. We're from the bronx so we're used to skeptical areas but even I sometimes be a lil worried when I'm by myself or with my boyfriend. If you wanna get to manhattan, you have to walk to the train station which is like a 10-15 min walk. (4 & B, D trains). There's nothing but busses in the area so if you want a faster commute, take the train.

.:Room Review:.
The room we got was really nice and modern & up to date. We got the non smoking room. You have flat screen tv, hair dryer in da bathroom, a really nice bathroom w/ a sliding door for the shower, our king bed was super comfy (didn't wanna wake up for the breakfast Lolz), AC/heater (you can turn on/off whenever yu feel like it), nice carpeting, great mini fridge, nice closet & the closet has an iron whenever yu need to iron your clothes (which some hotels don't have), full body mirror in the room.. Overall: 9/10.

.:Breakfast Review:.
Now the breakfast starts from 6:30am - 9:30am I believe. It's first come, first serve so you wanna make sure you get up like by 7am the latest cuz that's when my boyfriend & I woke up and got there by 7:30am & there were still a lotta food left. The breakfast was good.. I took a lotta plain bagels & cream cheese & jelly packets Lolz Their bacon.. Ehh I didn't trust it. It tasted artificial. But their sausage links are pretty good. Their eggs comes scrambled & it tasted alright. They have crossaints, bagels, muffins, mini donuts, orange juice, coffee, a microwave, fruits, and yogurts. The great thing about the breakfast is that you can bring it back up to your room!! Boy was I hype when we went back upstairs Lol! Some hotels yu kno they want yu to stay in the cafeteria & eat. But not this one. They really make yu feel at home. Overall: 8/10

.:T.V. Selection Review:.
Umm I mean, you gotta really skip thru the channels to find out wat they have. We found Comedy Central and watched South Park that night we got there. I think they can do a little better with the tv channels. Overall: 5/10

At the end of our stay, I was pretty satisfied. I'm definitely returning back here. The staff were friendly & the receptionist guy (I forgot his name) was really nice to us. Overall stay: 10/10.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon W

Hi Shannon,
Thank you for this wonderful review. We appreciate feedback from our loyal guest. We are glad to know you enjoy our "Modern and up to-date room" and the service; your comment is shared with my team. It was also glad to know that you enjoyed our complimentary full breakfast.

Thank you for this detail review, we hope to see you again in near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Came here last night 8/12/2014 late check in... The front of the building is totally different from the outside. It may look run down and be in the run down neighborhood but the inside is Clean... The rooms/bathroom are pretty clean for the worth and the breakfast area is small but there isn't a lot of choices (Bagels, juices, donuts, bacon, sausage, coffee, hard boil eggs) but is Okay. So overall I liked it for the night.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Renaya D
Anish G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Hi Renaya D,
Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo for your recent stay. I truly appreciate your feedback and thank you very much for your kind review. I am very pleased you were satisfied with the room (cleanliness). We do provide complimentary full breakfast that includes fresh pastries, juices, fruits, coffee, variety of tea's etc.

We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We didnt expect much from rodeway inn but when we went there we were surprised by the accommodation. Rooms were very clean, super helpful staff and besides that full complimentary breakfast in the morning. Bronx zoo and botanical garden is just a mile from the hotel. Train station just 3 blocks away from the hotel. Overall, i recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kenny0786

Dear Guest,
Thank you for this wonderful review. I am very pleased you had a pleasant stay with us. we are very much looking forward to your return to Bronx. We appreciate feedback from the guest as it helps fellow travelers. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay. The zoo, botanical garden, train station are located very close. Located in a very safe area. Also affordable. We bought the Bronx Zoo package that included tickets to the zoo with the room online. All the front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Definitely will come back and recommend to family and friends!

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and service. my team is my biggest asset, they give 100% for making guest stay comfortable and pleasant. Again, thank you for staying with, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

i booked room here because it was closed to Bronx zoo & botanical garden.i was pleasantly surprised by such a nice hotel in Bronx area. Rooms were very nice & clean.Front Desk staffs were very professional & helpful.i was pleased with house keeping cleaning staffs.the area near hotel looks safe & transportation with bus & train was easy too.i enjoyed staying there & will definitely booked again if i plan to stay in Bronx.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rojan46
Anish G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Our team is delighted you found our location, service and amenities fit your trip. We do appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us, we look forward to see you again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Arrived 5pm to catch Yankee game. Drove past place as its hidden between garage and home(?). Shouldn't be allowed to advertise "parking" as only 6 slots in front of hotel. 3 times one of our party had checked with and the hotel confirmed there would be a roll away for guest #3. Told none was available when we arrived. Looked at room, and it turned out the room offered wasn't big enough for one! Told by the counter help the hotel was booked no other room available. Left for game, and hotel.com fixed it with a really decent room at a nearby Sheraton. Not going to try here again.

Room Tip: Cant rate as didn't stay.
Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Anish G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with hotels.com confirmation. Hotels.com provide you the wrong information, we do not provide roll away beds. It doesn't say on any website that we provide roll away beds. Again, accept my sincerest apology for difficulties you had for the reservation. If you plan to make a reservation, please contact me directly, i will attend you personally at the reservation.

Anish Gandhi