“The food, service ,waitstaff -5 star”
Review of Giovanni's Pizzeria & Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went on a school trip here this past June w/ my daughters third grade class. The food was outrageously good! Everything they brought out was just fab. Can't wait to go back w/ my husband we've got it on our radar! Would definitely recommend to my TA family! Bon appetit!

There are newer reviews for Giovanni's Pizzeria & Cafe

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the real deal. It's thick, hot crust, and amazing sauce. The calzones are great as well. Come to think about it, I have never had a bad meal here, and I've tried almost everything. The place itself is small and cute, old world style. Gotta try it if in the neighborhood.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were on a bus trip leaving NYC and stopped in this neighborhood, 3 of us were the only ones to go in. The servers (2 of them) were very friendly but very slow. The food portions were good and the meal was fine, nothing wrong but it didn't feel and taste like real Italian cuisine.

Being on a trip we were in a little bit of a time crunch, there were only 2 other tables with customers (maybe a total of 5 other people) so they were not that busy by any means and it too much too long for the food to come out, the whole time from walk in to walk out was about 80 mintues.

It wasn't bad, wasn't great, it was fine.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went in for lunch this saturday.
Started pleasantly
Ordered seafood pizza. Said it had clams, shrimp, calamari and mussels
After 30 minutes I got the worst pizza with the minimum amount of calamari and shrimp. No mussels or clams. But full of salmon. When server was told I detest salmon she tried to patch it up Never offered to remove or make something else She went to kitchen to ask pizza guy and that's where my issue starts. I happened to head out for parking meter. He had the worst attitude ever. Told the server that's how I make it and if he doesn't like it let him go next door. I said my son is allergic so why wouldn't he tell the server that recipe is changed if he doesn't have all ingredients and told me I don't care. Again no offer to remove item even though allergy was mentioned. In retaliation they also delivered 2nd pizza that was ordered at same time 20 minutes later ( one hour from time of ordering ). Server refused to give me any names of owner or pizza maker. By the way for an Italian restaurant I would expect them to know the difference between sundried tomato as mentioned on pasta of the day. There was no sundried tomato in sight but some squished roasted tomato
Hope the owner reads this

Reviewed October 23, 2012

From the outside Giovanni's looks like an average pizzeria. Take the leap of faith and go in and proceed inside past the pizza counter into the back where it opens into a lovely cafe [and weather permitting even has an open garden for dining]. The entrees are excellent and reasonably priced. The portions are very generous and we all had to take some home. Service was very attentive. The decor was plain but bright and the place is spotless. I was a bit dissapointed in the cold antipasto but that was because I had failed to ask how it was prepared - in this case like a salad with the cold cuts in pin wheels. However, there was enough for the three of us to share! Will be back with friends for sure.