“ONLY IF DESPERATE!!”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Unless you are desperate in NYC, don't stay here. I had never stayed at a Howard Jhonson before. This place is horrible, just horrible. For starters, is next to the train station, like a few feet away from it. The train is very noisy and the hotel shakes when the train goes by. The area of the Bronx where it is located is horrible. A bit dangerous. There are shady characters walking around because the area is dark and gloomy. The hotel itself is not very clean. Rooms are small. Like I said? Unless you have to, don't stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank joelgomez
M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Mr. Gomez, firstly, I would like to thank you for taking out the time from your busy schedule and posting a review of your recent stay with us. We are conveniently located near the train station where you can catch train 2 or 5. If your room is on the train side, you can always request a room away from the train at the front desk. If there is any rooms available on the opposite side, my front desk staff would be more than happy to accommodate our lovely guests. This can also be done before your check in date. You can call up the hotel and specially request a room on the other side of the train. My front desk staff will take a note of it and if anything is available, they can be able to accommodate your request. The hotel is located in a pretty safe neighborhood. We have a couple of public schools nearby so there is police cars passing by to make sure everything is going good. Also, since we have a variety of public transportation, the neighborhood is more busier than the other places in the Bronx. Mr. Gomez, I am extremely sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've faced here. Please feel free to reach me at (718) 589-2222 for future travel assistance and I will be more than happy to help you.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I chose Howard Jonson because of the price. The promotion for three nights enticed me. From the outside the hotel looks decent on the picture. The rooms are old, and have a strange smell to them, despite the fact that they "clean" it. I had to request a second set of sheets for the bed, and slept in my clothes. The water in bathroom was not working during the peak hours because of the poor pressure in the building. I could not take a shower as a result, and barely brushed my teeth. I could not even flush the toilet. My frustration peaked when they did not order the taxi for me, even though I requested one the night before. After fighting to find a taxi, I was late 30 minutes for my meeting. As a result I was late for the important meeting for 30 minutes. I cancelled my reservation after the first night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tanya D

Hello Tanya, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am extremely sorry for the trouble you have faced during your stay. Our hotel is currently undergoing some renovation. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms. My housekeeping staff does a great job in keeping the rooms clean. Tanya, I am really sorry for the complaint you have about the room cleanliness. I can assure you, it will not happen again. Also, I deeply apologize for the experience you had with the taxi. Usually during the morning time, it is a little but difficult to get a taxi because it is rush hour. Most of the taxi services accept cash. Rarely, they accept credit/debit cards. We have a couple of taxi services nearby our hotel and they take about 3-5 minutes to arrive. Once again, Tanya, I extend my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you faced during your stay. Feel free to reach me to reach me out for future travel assistance. You can reach me at (718) 589-2222 and I will be more than happy to help out.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is Ellen and Jose,; We have found the room spacious and clean.
Mashi gave us , excellent support about directions, places, etc;

We are very satisfied , we will not hesitate to go again next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jose V
M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Jose, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We take great pride in the service that we provide for our delightful guests. Our number one priority is to make our guests happy and to give them a home away from home experience. My front desk staff do the best in their ability to make that happen . It is always very exciting to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay and are satisfied with the services that they received. Thank you so much for those wonderful ratings. Please do stay with us on your next trip to New York.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Reviewed October 20, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Reviewed October 19, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel, pretty good condition, staff were courteous, great service, delicious breakfast, clean sheets and towels, decent sized rooms, no complaints. Not bad for a last second reservation!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you, Yehud, for writing a short and sweet review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay. One of the reasons why our hotel is loved by many is because of our helpful staff. They do everything they can to make our guests’ stay a home away from home and also do their best to provide each and every guest the best customer service possible. Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please do visit us again.