“One Night Stay”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bronx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed at the Howard Johnson for 2 nights. Great place. It's nice and clean. Staff and manager are very co-operative. Breakfast was good too. Bathrooms are nice and clean as well. Good place for the price. The location is also quite convenient as the there are shops as well as places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: Use rooms that are not facing the rail road to avoid the noise of the passing trains.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Albany, New York, United States
Reviewed December 11, 2012

i was there for my first time wit my home girl the front desk was very warm welcoming also rooms was very clean comfortable sleeping people very friendy also in a nice quite place . breakfast was very good also closes to subway and busses also price to stay there is great reasonable i enjoyed my stay there wish i never had to leave but i had too its a great place to get away

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mobi A, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay! I am glad to hear you had a wonderful time while staying with us.We always appreciate hearing from our guests and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit.I very much appreciate your time and hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Newyork
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was here with my family and all the employees were very polite. Front desk gave warm welcoming. The rooms were very clean and my family and I overslept because it was so comfortable lol.. I have no complaints, and there is complimentary breakfast in the morning which is free as well. I've been toother hotels and breakfast is not free at all. I do suggestioning go to reservations because at this location it is always booked completely. I was even astonished when I was able to get through reservations. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Go to Howard Johnson website..see wat is best for your comfort and go make an reservation.. Try it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel. We are delighted that you were pleased with the service provided by my staff. We will continue to improve and make everything in our power to ensure that all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.Thank you for recommending us! We do look foward to welcoming you back soon.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a weeks and our stay was great. The rooms were clean, the breakfast area was clean and the staff was great. Keep up the good work Howard Johnson Bronx , you should never let Manager Mobi get away, this Gentleman goes above and beyond to assist your quest. Was checked in by front desk Sheila wasn't a impressive check in. Next day I needed a cab she called some local driver who didn't even understand a word in English and over charged us. Spoke to the Manager the other night he apologized and promised to look into the matter and ensured the rest of our stay will be great and he did. Morning clerks needs little more training specially at the time of checkout they need to be little courteous which is missing. otherwise all was well. Will return to this place most definitely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business