Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx
$199
Residence Inn
$194
$161
All reviewstrain stationa great staynew york citygentlemanrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Staff was nice. Room was clean. Neighborhood is SAFE. Stayed for 5 days and every night around 2 am I walked down to the kfc that's about 7 mins away walking. Despite the "real intimidating area" I made it back alive with a 3 piece every night. Seriously white people (I'm white) minorities are not out to get you if your out on the street at night. They have better things to do than get whitey. Overall if you like cheap price,close to subway and don't mind seeing black people than come stay and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris989_12
Reviewed October 17, 2012

So the fact that it was across the street from the subway train and the price compare to how much it is to stay in manhattan is the only reason I'd stay there again. But it was a really unsafe neighborhood and I'm glad I was not traveling alone. We could hear the train passing overhead at night and see the shadow of the train peeking through our curtains in the early morning. As the other reviews stated, it smelled like cigarettes in the lobby. We arrived 3 hours early for the 2pm check in. The staff was nice enough to let us in the room at 11am instead. The room itself wasn't terrible. I felt comfortable but I'd say that the area itself is really sketchy. Especially at night.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Although the location of this hotel was further out than I expected, Howard Johnson in the Bronx, NY was a great place to stay. Conveniently located near the West Farms Sq - E Tremont Av Metro Station, this hotel is perfect for someone that wants to stay in New York without paying the Manhattan prices.

For me it's all about convenience and service and that's what I liked about staying there. Howard Johnson, Bronx is located near a coffee shop, subway (for those that like subs) and grocery stores all around the area.

In the morning Breakfast is on the house with many choices to pick from. On the room there is satellite TV, which is very essential if you are traveling alone or with kids. The beds are comfortable and the most important thing is that the beds are clean.

The area is also safe, which is a big concern to anyone traveling.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Dirty Fridge with old food from the former guest, dirty sink with lots of hair in it, dirty sheets with yellow and red stains!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Mobi A, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012