“You Can't Go Wrong”

Ranked #3 of 27 Dessert in Bronx
Madison, New Jersey
“You Can't Go Wrong”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

For a small place, they have a large variety of pastries and cakes. I've been here several times and have never been disappointed. The food is fresh, the prices reasonable, the staff is helpful and knowledgeable and the espresso, perfect!

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Warren, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,656 helpful votes
“Plan to Go Off Your Diets!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Located on Arthur Avenue right in the heart of this legendary Italian American neighborhood is Morrones Pastry. Madre Mia! Have they got pastries! There are several tables inside and a few outside where you can sit and watch the world go by. And they've got gelato as well.

My friend and I stumbled past several bakeries and cafes before stopping into this place. The counter staff is friendly and patient as locals and tourists alike press their noses against the glass and select special occasion sweets to take home or to eat right here at the cafe. We decided to sit and sip a cappuccino and nibbled on a few little pastries. We passed on the lobster tail because, well, it seemed a little over the top. But we bought a few cookies and a little ricotta tart and everything seemed right.

Arthur Avenue is one of those places where you could eat your way from 183rd Street right up to 188th. And we did just that. Come; spend some time; and enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank redeco
Centerport
“Cream and Everything Nice”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I went on a day trip with my library. After our meal at a nearby restaurant, I skipped the dessert that was being offered and ventured just down Arthur Street to Morrone Pastry Shop. Yes, it was crowded in there, but I found a way to view the glass display cases. I saw shelf after shelf of creamed delights, rows of cookies, cakes, and chocolate.
It wasn't easy, but I made my selection of a French Napoleon. It was an Italian bakery, but the bakery got the Napoleon right! The cream was of the right flavor and consistency and the pastry was so flaky. The price wasn't that bad either.

• Visited June 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great Italian ices and pastries”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I enjoy going here for their Italian ices. My favorite is cappuccino chip. It is so delicious and flavorful. In addition they have great tasting cookies, pastries, and biscotti.

• Visited May 2013