“Great food, fresh raw clams”

Tony's Pier Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 1,220 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food, fresh raw clams”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is a great inexpensive spot to meet up with friends for casual lunch or dinnner. They have good food. I love the raw clams, fried shrimp & Pina Colada with 151 Rum.
OOh Wee! I cant wait to get back to NY in March.

• Visited May 2011

Tampa, Florida
“A Bronx Tradition”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I've been a regular at this restaurant since I was 17. My uncle used to bring me here to drink pina coladas & eat fried skrimps before he would give me my driving lessons to get my license. I used to go here with my uncle & brother every Friday after work to hang out & drink. Every time I go back to the Bronx, I make sure I visit at least once.

What's the allure, you ask? It is the last restaurant on the right on City Island, so the you get get some great views of the Long Island Sound & the Throggs Neck Bridge .... however, the views are best from the parking lot.

The atmosphere is very casual, as you order at the counter and sit down where you can. There is indoor seating and plenty of outdoor seating. Though the food is served on a tray in cardboard plates, the food is delicious. By far the best fried skrimps I ever ate and I've been living in Florida for 18 years where the seafood is fresh & delicious.

My favorite part is the bar. They make the best pina colada in town and they serve them up strong. OK ... so they come in a plastic cup but what they lack in presentation, they make up for in taste & strength ..... and any lush (like me) will always take quality over presentation.

This place gets packed on the weekends .... starting Friday evening to Sunday evening. The parking can get full at times. This adds time to your experience because there is no where else to park.

If you like motorcycles, show up on Friday night .... as it seems like all the biker boyz come out to show off their crouch rockets (sometimes you see the traditional cruiser clicks).

Sometimes, people come here just to tailgate .... opening up their cars & blasting their sound systems. Sometimes, they bring their coolers and act like they are at Orchard Beach (nearby). Therefore, outdoors is quite the hang out spot because it seems like half the Bronx packs this place on the weekends.

If you want a spot by the water to have some good eats, a good drink, and a laid back place to chill out ...... this is the place to go. Oh yeah, if you grew up in the Bronx, there's a good chance you will run into someone you know here. I have not lived in the bronx for over 15 years and I occasionally run into childhood friends. So you've been warned, if you grew up in the Bronx & wanna take a date to low key spot that you don't wanna get caught with .... don't come here .... just saying.

• Visited July 2011