“Great Food, Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cocina Boricua

La Cocina Boricua
Ranked #72 of 1,216 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Caribbean, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New York, New York, United States
“Great Food, Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family and I have dinner here all the time. We enjoy it each time we go. The food is very tasty (authentic puerto rican food) and the service is always great. The place has a very good vibe, I would reccomend this to anyone i know.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Marilyn R

Bayside, New York
“Very Reasonable!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This restaurant sits under the Train in the Bronx. Parking was easy and the food was okay. I had the ropa vieja with a salad accompanied with a mojito. My wife had the fish of the day and sangria. Food was okay. The price was very reasonable. I've had Puerto Rican food almost everywhere. Love it! But this place was not the best I've had. In all fairness, The waitress was excellent. The restaurant was very clean. I would definitely go back but, only if I'm in the neighborhood.

• Visited September 2012
Port Washington, New York
“GREAT ALCAPPURIAS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am of Puerto Rican descent, and when I came to eat at this small, but nice restaurant on a Groupon, I was amazed. The alcappurias almost tasted as good as mine. Their sangria was amazing. My husbands ropa vieja was tasty, although he was not too crazy with the beans. They were not that tasty, and they were watery. As a true Puerto Rican that I am, I know that the beans have to be a little thick, and very tasty. All in all, it was good.

• Visited September 2012
New York
“Convenient and Great Spanish Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had dinner with a Groupon. The service was good and the food was even better. Their rice and beans were soooooo good. Their appetizers were amazing. Oh, and we had mojitos--they wer really good (not watered down).

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Neida H
Orlando, FL
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

While on a trip back home to the Bronx, family and friends had recommended this restaurant. So we met our family at the place. First impression was good. The restaurant decor is decent showing Puerto Rican heritage. Being Puerto Rican myself, my expectations of the food were high. We had a party of 11 and the staff did a good job of accommodating us toward the back of the restaurant near the kitchen. It was about 8pm on Friday night and the place got busy quickly. As soon as we sat down most of us felt warm. Turns out the A/C doesn't work well when the place is full...really!!??
The food was decent - at best. Everything entree is al a carte. I enjoyed the appetizers better than the meal. The empandas and the to stones rellenos were great. I ordered the bistec encebollado which was paper thin and slightly overcooked. Lastly, the service wasn't great.
It seems the place just recently expanded its space and it's obvious they need more time to get the process together.
We won't be going back as there are other well established latin restaurants in the area where a better meal can be enjoyed at a much more competitive price.

• Visited June 2012