“Busy at Christmastime”

Michaelangelo's little italy
Ranked #49 of 1,216 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The best italian food original coal oven since 1942 exellent service you must try michaelangelo's little italy
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Busy at Christmastime”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was really looking forward to going here and maybe my expectations were too high.
The place was extremely busy when we arrive around 8pm and very noisy. We had a drink at the bar before being seating in a tucked away area where you couldn't see anything.
The food just for pasta I thought was expensive.......for 2 starters......2 mains and a bottle of wine we paid around £140 !!!!!!! it was pasta for goodness sake.
Now i've been i wouldn't go back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank lisa S
petrit b, Owner at Michaelangelo's little italy, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
hi that's the busy time of the year and i'm sorry for not being that night happy but it was little bit crowded on Christmas time people party drinking good wine heaving good food talking loud that's Arthur ave little Italy thank you hopefully you will give us another chance with respect petrit bica

• Czech first
Bronxville, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been to this restaurant countless times. They have never let me down. I usually visit with a good friend of mine and we both love everything. We usually go late in the evening before a long party night out in the city. Their wine selection is superb, we always order two bottles minimum usually with our meals. The food is delicious and served gourmet style. The restaurant is very large and spacious with a carribean feel I always feel like I am on a small vacation. They are always playing great classy music I have noticed many guys take their dates and wives here for a nice night out. The staff is top notch if you visit more than once they will remember everything about you, very impressive. Some nights they bring in a nice band to entertain their guests and the bands are always classy and maintain the cool atmosphere. The best restaurant in Little Italy hands down and better than most restaurants I have been to in City Island.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Raul H
petrit b, Owner at Michaelangelo's little italy, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
thank you Raul from me petrit and my all staff
Bronx, New York
“Good food in a large restaurant with a large lounge/bar area to boot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Like that it has a large bar since I tend to dine alone. I can get the full menu there or just appetizers or pizza while I'm watching the game. Good variety of beers and well priced wines.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank louisjam
petrit b, Owner at Michaelangelo's little italy, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
New Jersey
“Very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went around 1:30 on saturday and it was not busy, which was good with 2 toddlers. The food was very good. We ordered a pizza and a vodka pasta. The service was great. Will definetely visit again.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Amy H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Terrific little oasis in the middle of Arthur Ave.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My friend and I had several restaurant recommendations for our lunch on Arthur Ave., but this place just called to us. I had the veal Michaelangelo, which was one of the best veal dishes I ever had. My friend had a chicken special with pesto sauce. We shared both dishes and both were delicious. The dipping sauce for the bread was so good, we could not get enough of it. The service was terrific and very welcoming. It was also one of the best valued lunches I have ever eaten. I would go back there in a New York minute.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Linda C
petrit b, Owner at Michaelangelo's little italy, responded to this review, November 19, 2012