“Terrific little oasis in the middle of Arthur Ave.”

Michaelangelo's little italy
Ranked #43 of 1,263 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The best italian food original coal oven since 1942 exellent service you must try michaelangelo's little italy
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My friend and I had several restaurant recommendations for our lunch on Arthur Ave., but this place just called to us. I had the veal Michaelangelo, which was one of the best veal dishes I ever had. My friend had a chicken special with pesto sauce. We shared both dishes and both were delicious. The dipping sauce for the bread was so good, we could not get enough of it. The service was terrific and very welcoming. It was also one of the best valued lunches I have ever eaten. I would go back there in a New York minute.

2  Thank Linda C
petrit b, Owner at Michaelangelo's little italy, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a wonderful lunch here.Everyone was friendly and Petrit was especially cordial.I had a chicken special with pesto,red pepper and mozzarello. Delicious! My friend's veal dish was equally enjoyable.Also, we received a generous portion of broccoli rabe, included with our entrée.The outdoor eating area is lovely.The price of the meal was very reasonable.I will definetly come back.

1  Thank cmart2012

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Handy local food place. Great for the college crowd and visiting families. Lovely covered over rear garden which is a surprise as it is not evident from the outside. Staff are friendly, portions are big and the athmosphere is just right. I do think that the better options on the menu are pizza considering the other great restaurants in the area. But that is just my opinion

1  Thank joeger

Reviewed August 21, 2012

9 of us gathered from across the country for dinner- age range was 5 to 63. Friendly, informal atmosphere. Staff was attentive and fun. Adequate wine list and good menu. Food was very good but the portion size was huge. Definitely can share all dishes. Only draw back was the volume of the music- really way too loud.

2  Thank ehn0424

Reviewed August 19, 2012

On Arthur Ave in the Bronx, only a few blocks from the Bronx Zoo and the NY Botanical Gardens, we had a great meal today. The place was warm and welcoming, the service professional and so friendly, the prices very very reasonable, and the food just great. The baked clams were among the best my wife and I have ever had, and the risotto with mushrooms was the best I've ever eaten- anywhere, including Italy.

We will be going back- this place is a jewel.

1  Thank CurtM

Been to Michaelangelo's little italy? Share your experiences!