“Dress Code not Enforced”
Review of NYY Steak

NYY Steak
Ranked #86 of 1,240 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I called for dress code, was informed no sleeveless shirts for men & no baseball caps allowed. Walked in & was seated next to a table where the man was wearing a sleeveless muscle shirt. Caps galore worn throughout the restaurant. NYY Steakhouse should enforce their rules, especially for the prices they charge.

There are newer reviews for NYY Steak

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining @NYYSteak this past Thursday, August 15th after the game. Our food was exceptional and the service was impeccable. Our server was Farouk and he was wonderful and very helpful as to questions regarding the menu. I had the 8 oz. filet mignon and my husband had the twin lobster tails. Fried oysters as an appetizer were fabulous.
However, my husband had called prior to going concerning the dress code. He was told that on game days (p.s. they are ONLY open on game days) Yankee attire was permitted, although no sleeveless and no caps. This is also on their website. You can imagine my surprise when we were seated next to someone wearing a MUSCLE shirt (with no Yankee logo), and I mean NEXT to as they put us (party of 2) at a table for 8, with 5 other people within arm's length. There certainly wasn't a shortage of empty tables, as there were plenty of four seaters available. Also, several men were seated with their caps on.
Not for nothing, but if I'm paying $45 for filet mignon and $52 for lobster tails I do not expect to be seated next to someone wearing a muscle shirt in a so called upscale Steakhouse. I could just as well have been on the boardwalk eating a cheesesteak next to someone in a bathing suit for a lot less money.
My only suggestion: ENFORCE YOUR DRESS CODE!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Way over priced - incredibly loud and the tables (for 2) are right on top of each other. If you have a party of 4, you might get a more private table.

I had the bone-in sirloin - large & tasty (but over $50). The side dish of aparagus was terrible - they were thick and bland.

The lobster mac & cheese was awesome

It was not an enjoyable dinner for us. $150 for 2, with no alcohol & no desert.

If you need to impress a business client, go there - it is impressive

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went here for lunch a few weeks back, and let me tell you....it was excellent. Had the strip with mash and spinach....glass of cab with it...went with a client. It did not disappoint. Prices are on par with all new york steak houses. However, if you are going o a game...night or day, make a reservation, and go here first. For the money you will spend on food at he game anyway, make it a memory and go here. For a Yankee fan, the place is like eating in Yankee heaven. The food is excellent.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

After watching the Oldtimers' Day festivities we walked around the stadium and, after observing a very long line for entry into the Yankees Museum, decided to take a chance and walk into NYY Steak with the hope of having lunch there. We did not have reservations but was told that a table would be available in 20 minutes (it helped that the regular game was about to start and people wanted to get to their stadium seats). We had a beer at the bar (slim beer selections and pricey!) before I got the text on my phone that our table was ready. There were flat screen TVs around so one could still watch the game but the outside view was basically the subway station and not the field. Our table was long for two persons and we had to talk a little louder than we wanted to (and several two-person tables were located next to each other). It took awhile before our server checked in on us (she "didn't see us") but worked fast to get our order in. The menu selection for lunch was short and we each ordered the burger with bacon and cheese (came with either fries or salad). Cooked to order and very tasty--but $17! Overall, it was worth the effort to visit NYY Steak and partake of this dining experience if cost is no obstacle.