“Membership is the way to go! ”
Review of Bronx Zoo

Bronx Little Italy Culinary Shopping Tour
Ranked #5 of 68 things to do in Bronx
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The largest urban zoo in the U.S., with over 6,000 animals within its 265 acres of parks, woods and streams.
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Simply the best! You definitely need the whole day (and it's still not enough). Family had a great time, every time we visit. Bring a stroller if the kids are under 3. Lots of walking!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,738)
All reviews
in 38 reviews
"indoor exhibits"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

What a great zoo! Be prepared for a lot of walking from exhibit to exhibit. I was surprised at the amount of different species of animals they had. My favorite would have the be the African wild dog. Food is pricy $13.99 for chicken fingers parking was $16 and all access tickets were $31 with the discount code so all in all an expensive day. Not including getting there from New Jersey... still had a great time though!

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

As much as I love this zoo- I've been many many times, I must say that it is not the most wheelchair accessible. There are several spots where the angle is very steep, and practically no ramps where there are stairs, you often have to take long detours. Still one of my favorite zoos though.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My 16 year old grandson and I visited on a Wednesday in June. Wednesday is "free" entry day. Once inside we learned you had to buy a ticket for the extra attractions- monorail, shuttles etc. We rode the monorail but most of the animals were hidden possibly in a cool spot. It was very hot. We enjoyed the zoo and watching the black bears fight each other. I had him take a picture of me by the bug carousal. As we were walking away a little girl was crying to her mom to ride. To ride was part of the extra ticket. Thinking we were done with our tickets I gave ours to them so she could ride. How upset I was to find out we needed them to see the gorillas. I hope that little girl had a great time on that carousal.