Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Bronx
from $290.00
from $66.00
from $309.00
from $129.00
2,855 results
All reviews bug carousel butterfly garden jungle world polar bear sea lions gorilla exhibit wild asia monorail monorail ride wildlife conservation mouse house pay extra general admission on wednesdays great exhibits wear comfortable shoes bring your own indoor exhibits
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Very large zoo and very well kept. Lots of animals and exhibitions to see. Definitely a place to see in new york.

3  Thank Federico P
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We took our 2 girls (6 and 9) on their second trip to the Bronx Zoo. They had an awesome experience. The Zoo is huge -- it takes an entire day to see everything. The exhibits are well laid out and present some unique animals. The Madagascar exhibit is pretty cool. The Asia monorail is a worth the wait although we only waited about 15 minutes. It was great being able to catch a break sitting while seeing the animals. A couple of tips-- (1) if you plan on visiting the zoo at least twice in a year, then purchase the membership. We purchased the family premium so we received free parking and an additional guest pass. (2) Pack a cooler with your lunch and drinks and eat lunch in the car or bring it in. You can save a great deal of money this way. Southern blvd parking lot seemed easier to do this because there is a sitting area for food close to the parking lot. All in all, this is one of the best zoos in the country.

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I live in NJ and the drive to the Bronx can be very intimidating. However, I've just done my second annual visit and each time I can say it was more than worth it. The Bronx Zoo is perfect for a family day out.
There is so much to see that we can't do it all in a day but that's better than not enough. We pick our must-sees and walk or take the tram around the grounds. The paths are shady and mostly flat so the walking is very easy.
There are plenty of restrooms and food stands. The food is actually decent, not complete junk, and while it's expensive it's not outrageous.
I looked at the fees - parking and admission - and once I added it all up, I decided to buy a membership. Dollar for dollar I'd have to go twice or to another park sometime in the year (not a problem since the Central Park Zoo and NY Aquarium are also WCS properties), but the membership also gets me 10% off the food and gift shop which adds up. Plus a free t shirt. On top of all that, we got a premium parking spot for no extra charge and after a day of walking that sealed the deal. Get a membership!

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I went with my friend and our 2 teens and my daugther on a strollers this was about 3 summers ago. My friend is a cowboy driving so we did not had problem getting there, we found a parking in about 10 mins but ac was running so novrush. Line was like 20 min or a little bit more but at $1 a piece u cant complaint (hey u go on a Wednesday for the prize, why donate $20 might as well go on a regular day for that) after we went in there was plenty of space for us and our stroller to walk by. Only complaint there were a few things closed but I think is like that all year round. We ate there for a decent price and at the time to leave we took like half hour to get out of the city but again ac was on kids were sleeping and we had a bice trip backbto hartford ct. Planning to go again this year on a wednesday soon...

Date of experience: August 2013
3  Thank jennette d
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed in NYC and catched the bus down to the bronx zoo. Bus BXM11 at Madison Av, 47th Street, we had to buy a travel card from the machines down at the subway which was easy enough. It didn't take too long to get there, and the bus drops you off just outside the zoo and picks up not far from the gates.
We did go in February and it had also snowed the day before we went and when we arrived it was that quiet you'd think the zoo was shut. Downside to going this time of the year aswell as the weather we had was that not all the animals were out to see. It is quite a large zoo with lots of walking so wear comfortable shoes. We still had a good time though and it was nice to get out of the city and have a day out somewhere else.

Date of experience: February 2014