“Full Day out”

and up
Bronx Little Italy Culinary Shopping Tour
Ranked #3 of 64 things to do in Bronx
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest urban zoo in the U.S., with over 6,000 animals within its 265 acres of parks, woods and streams.
glasgow uk
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Full Day out”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very large area plenty of refreshment areas No Giant Pandas here though Polar Bear funny old guy all species represented well worth it very informative

Visited May 2012

• Polish first
Staten Island, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“One of the World's Best Zoo”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a huge zoo but there I a train that takes you around to view animals in what is close to their natural habitats. Kids love it.

Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Best zoo I've ever been to”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm always hesitant before visiting a Zoo, as I don't like the idea of the animals in cages and prefer to see them in the wild.
The Bronx Zoo is the best zoo I've ever been to. Each animal is in a carefully designed environment. I think the Gorillas are the best of all- you have to pay extra to see them but it is worth it.
More over, since it is managed by the Wildlife Conservation Society, the earnings not only go to maintain the animals in great environments but also to support conservation efforts all over the world.

Visited April 2013
New York, New York, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazing zoo”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is easily one of the best zoos in the U.S. The grounds are gorgeous and well-maintained. There are tons of different animals to see, along with special exhibitions. The zoo itself is only a short walk from the subway, and easily accessible from other boroughs. I didn't feel unsafe at all walking from the subway. It is in a pretty nice area of the Bronx.

Snacks are available, along with camel rides and a 3-D theater.

Wednesdays are "pay as you wish," so you can get in for free. I'd recommend going on a weekday to avoid huge crowds.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lindsay R
Bronxville, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Been going to this zoo for 37 yrs ;) yesterday we "walked for elephants" there - our team raised 1600 alone! ;)”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

It was a blast! I highly rec their special events & I go several times a month with my kids. I'm a premium family member so myself & my children, my husband & my parents or a guest can visit the zoo every day of the year they are open under my membership. zoo is open nearly every day of the yr & there's free parking with membership & there's always something to see & do -- if you use the zoo & if you are local & will visit twice in a year it pays for itself. I Love & respect this organization. They treat their staff & guests & animals wonderfully.

Visited April 2013