“GO YANKEES!”
Review of Yankee Stadium

Yankee Stadium
Ranked #4 of 43 things to do in Bronx
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous ballpark opened in 1923, and the home of the New York Yankees.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This review is more of a comparison of the feel between the new stadium as compared with the old one.

As a long time Yankees fan, I am definitely a fan of this stadium, which is also why I feel like my review is somewhat biased LOL! Oh well, it's my opinion right? I can honestly say that while I do like the new stadium, the old stadium had a different feel to it. It could simply be that the old stadium had so much history.

The new Yankee Stadium is like a huge cement block with a field in the middle. It's a nice cement block though. It's obvious that a good amount of money was spent on this stadium. I've been to this stadium for a good number of games since it was built and I definitely love the feel you get when you enter the gates. This stadium is very modern in comparison to the old stadium. The layout/design tells me that they tried their best to maintain the same aesthetics and look of the old with more modernization.

1  Thank ReemRelle
Write a ReviewReviews (3,963)
All reviews
"bucket list"
in 51 reviews
"yankees fans"

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We also attended a game that was rained out in may this year. We were upsold to very expensive tickets one hour before the game with no warning that it could be rained out. We were then told to come back the next morning for a refund which we did, then to be told to mail back the tickets from australia. Has been about 7 weeks and have heard nothing. Have tried emailing with no reply. I think the stupid manager just tells people lies to get rid of them. If we had known we would have exchanged the tickets and sold them online or given them to friends who are also visiting New York. So dodgy!! Thanks america your so awsome

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Second ever ball game (did Citi Field Mets 2 years previous) and enjoyed the experience at the new Yankees stadium enormously. The access and egress is great and transportation links make it all very easy. We had cheaper seats in the grandstand (excellent value) and the view was terrific. Fantastic array of food and drink outlets selling all the usual (guff!) although a little pricey. All in all though really enjoyed the stadium and the experience. Football (soccer) in the UK has a lot to learn on customer experience at sport!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the salisbury hotel and geting to yankee stadium on the train was a breeze and the game was just one of those things you should do - not necessarily must do